tp2 thinks all my mp3s are corrupt, missing or drm protected!
    Tech Student

Default tp2 thinks all my mp3s are corrupt, missing or drm protected!

Hi there,

I recently bought a new MacBook Pro. I used target disk mode to move my iTunes library from the old machine to the new machine. The iTunes library works just fine on the new machine.

I can connect serato itch to the iTunes library, and it will analyze and play the files just fine.

If I run TP2.5 and connect to the iTunes library it will not play any mp3 at all and says that the files are missing or are corrupt or drm protected. If I drag a few files onto the desktop and just drag/drop them into a deck on TP2 they play just fine.

So what have I done wrong? Any ideas?

I have googled and most of the responses indicate that QuickTime needs to be installed...which it is.

Try to run Disk Utility with permission repair in case it's just a matter of permissions not being correct with the new files on the new system.

Also, if the volume name is different, might be that NI records the volume names into their track playlist database. It's an outstanding issue with NI SW that I've had a very long conversation with NI tech support about (me thinks this is bad.)

Try to see if you could play the tracks from the iTunes browser, if that's OK and the internal playlists don't work, you need to re-generate those or possibly copy over the Traktor databases over from your old system. And if that's not working, I would suspect the volume renaming possibility.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Tech Student

Good call, I'll do that right now...

I've had this through damaged xml files in my itunes. Try going File-Library-Export Library. Give your itunes library file a different name to the default one. Then point your traktor at the new .xml file

It's solved it for me in the past...

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Stereo:Type View Post
    I've had this through damaged xml files in my itunes. Try going File-Library-Export Library. Give your itunes library file a different name to the default one. Then point your traktor at the new .xml file

It's solved it for me in the past...
    Ahh now we appear to be getting somewhere...

I recreated the XML and Traktor will quite happily read the files now no problem.

Blooming thing, this has really annoyed me this has! But thanks for your quick replies, really appreciate it, very helpful indeed!

Tech Convert

I have been dealing with these same issues since the update to mountain lion awhile back and it really irritates me...... I ran disc utility also to fix disc permissions and also exported my library as a new XML file and that did the trick....
    I wish NI would recognize and fix this issue because Serato easily connects to my library......

Supposedly a lot of the bad XML parsing was fixed in 2.5/2.5.1 but maybe there are still bugs. You could send if you don't mind the offending XML file to NI and run xmllint on the console to even find any possible XML non-validated entries.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik