Using Apple scripts or automater
    Tech Guru

Default Using Apple scripts or automater

Hey guys does anyone have any experience with using automator or apple scripts. I was hoping that I could set up a script so that whenever I add music to iTunes that it's run through mixed in Key, then Platinum notes, then added to iTunes?

from my basic understanding of automator and looking through it a bit, i think you may have to code your own applescript for this one. the problem i think is that, unless MiK/Platinum Notes have automator functions built in, you can't really set them to do specific tasks. i may be wrong, but this is what i found. applescript isn't too bad to write though :P and is a lot easier to customize to your specific needs.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Tech Guru

wonder if this way it would be possible to get the MIK key values into iTunes for AAC tracks. then again, nobody has done it yet though lots of people want AAC support for MIK, so I am guessing MIK is not very applescript friendly .. but maybe everybody thought that if nobody did it yet because it was impossible anyways and that is the reason it hasnt happened yet.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

It's probably possible to automate MIK using something like AutoHotKey or something but I'd probably not bother. MIK, MP3Gain, Platinum Notes and ID3Tag are all batch processing programs - they work best when you drag and drop a whole load of files and process them all together. Running each of those programs individually, automating them to do whatever and then moving on to the next program for individual mp3s doesn't seem all that efficient to me.

the beauty of applescripts is that they are highly flexible.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition