Reducing bass on one of the audio outputs? (Traktor, Mixtrack Pro)
    Tech Convert

Default Reducing bass on one of the audio outputs? (Traktor, Mixtrack Pro)

Hey everyone,

I'm currently looking at buying an active subwoofer. I have 2x Ekho BBX-215s and they do bass pretty well (after all they have 4x15" woofers).

However the bass uses a lot of the power - at about 8.5/10 on the amp I'm peaking the levels, whereas with -25% bass on traktor I can turn up to 10/10 and be louder, but less bassy, and I don't worry that I'm going to blow something.

As a result I want to get a sub to take some of the load and produce a bassier sound. I don't have the budget for two, so for now it's just one active sub. It doesn't have a high-pass line out.

My Numark Mixtrack Pro has 2 audio outputs on the back - can I send one of them at normal levels to the sub, and one of them with the bass EQ'd down by about -25% to the main speakers, so I can turn the amp up? How would I do this?

In summary: Using traktor and a mixtrack pro, how do I reduce the bass on one audio output but maintain it on the other?

Tech Mentor

Sounds like you just need to buy a simple 2 way crossover. That would be your best bet.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P