Numark Mixtrack Pro RCA to XLR. What about the preamp???
    Tech Convert

Default Numark Mixtrack Pro RCA to XLR. What about the preamp???

Hi folks,

Trying to get my siblings into DJ'ing, so I am starting them off with the Mixtrack Pro. I hear it's the best DJ controller for the money (if you think differently, I am open to new suggestions ), but I have a question about it.

I was going to get two RCA to XLR connectors (as shown here: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._XLR_Male.html ), but I am worried that it will not be loud enough in the speakers since the Mixtrack Pro does NOT have a preamp built in.

I don't want to have to run into a mixer, THEN to the speakers, I just want to be able to connect directly into the speakers...

We'll use the Behringer Eurolive speakers in this case. So my question is... without the preamp in the mixer, will the Mixtrack Pro be loud enough?

Thanks!
    Waldoctg

Just want to note that YES, I have tried to find an answer already, but it doesn't seem that anyone has asked this question!

Tech Mentor

The Numark does have a preamp, if by that you mean a line level output with volume control. However, the nominal output level will not be the +4 dBu that is expected at a balanced input, but something quieter (-10 dBV is always a good guess with RCAs). I haven't seen an official figure from Numark, though. You probably won't get full output from the speakers, but it might still be well loud enough. Only trying it out will let you know for sure.

Tech Convert

DJQA,

Yes, that's what I mean. Thanks so much, I understand now. I could probably just turn up the volume on my speakers, right?

Connor

Quote Originally Posted by waldoctg View Post
    DJQA,

Yes, that's what I mean. Thanks so much, I understand now. I could probably just turn up the volume on my speakers, right?

Connor
    yes

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Tech Wizard

When I'm in the same case I like to run the RCA into a DI box and use the mic pre-amps on the speaker. I did it at some small events and worked fine, this requires a little more money tho if you don't have any DIs laying around.
    Setup:Technic 1200's Mk2, Denon DN-X120 Mixer, Korg PadKontrol, Traktor Audio 6, Numark N4. CPU/Software:Lenovo G550/Traktor Pro 2.
    https://www.facebook.com/DJMeash
    https://www.soundcloud.com/djmeash

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by waldoctg View Post
    DJQA,

Connor
    I would just like to say that I had that exact same Mixtrack Pro and BErhinger Eurolive setup. And I never had a noise problem, everything was as loud as it needed to be.

just my 2 ceents

For my idj3 and any rca we run it through a mixer regardless.