too high CPU temp?
    Tech Wizard

Default too high CPU temp?

Hi. i have dell latitude d620 (c2d T5600 1.83 Ghz, 2 gb ram, win xp).

when i using traktor (4 decks playing + all fx on) the cpu temp is 63 C. isn't that too high?

No device (like kontrol F1) connected.

I'd say that's about average. Suppose it all depends on things like ventilation etc. I no longer have a laptop so can't compare but my desktop hits close to that under stress but not next to it just now to test.
    CDJ2000 x 3 : DJM900 : Novation Remote SL25 : Ableton L8 : Traktor Pro 2

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

My macbook is currently Idle (just browsing) and at 67c ....

Ambient Temperature here is 28 C. Humidity at 82%, No Aircon and its only 5.30am and suns not out yet :-O

I regularly hit up to 79 C. on my CPU when I'm playing in Ableton and have done the past 3.5 years.. core2's can get pretty toasty, its not the CPU I'd be worried about though its the rest of the machine e.g. Ram / Hard disk etc
    Last edited by deevey; 10-10-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Tech Wizard

now showing 46c. i guess it's normall. i was adding some extra fx on my pics in picasa and browsing web. in traktor, when i was just using Kontrol F1 it was about 50. i was working on battery.

The maximum operating temperature for that CPU is 100 degrees C. Obviously, the cooler things run the better, but as long as you have some head room between the actual temperature and the maximum operating temperature you'll be OK.

You could try running Prime 95 to max out your system to see how hot it gets. If it's nowhere near 100 degrees after running that for a good while, then you can run anything without having to worry about it really.

Tech Guru

Mighty be worth cleaning the inlet vents and the areas around your internal fan too. That made a huge difference to my old dell vostro