How to Sell your music via Digital Distributors ?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default How to Sell your music via Digital Distributors ?

Greetings

I've started a Record Label, and got 3 artists already signed, but we need more exposure.

2 Artists do House Music and other R&B.

1. I would like to know how I can put my label on online store with our music !
    2. I would like to know how I can see music through a reliable Digital Distributor
    3. How I can sell/promote my music on Traxsource + Juno + Beatport + iTunes etc etc

I've came across with TuneCore but I would like something very reliable to do it.

Thanks in advance

Tech Mentor

You have to pay another company to do it for you.

Tech Convert

@Zer0beet : What company you recommend to do it ? Need more options.

I' ve came across with : dittomusic.com | tunecore.com | cdbaby.com but im not sure their are reliable.

Any advices on this matter would be very useful.

Tech Convert

That's I'm aware, but what best company shall deliver that good service for my label ?

Just a quick remind that my label needs a digital distribution site to promote their artists songs !

Tech Mentor

ReverbNation seems to be pretty competent with their set up. They allow you to make a public page for your label and each of your artists, mailing lists and all of that good stuff. And at the same time they have a distribution package that will have all of your content posted for sale in iTunes and other places. I'm not sure if BeatPort is included though, so you'd have to check on that if you want music posted in BeatPort.

You've started a label and signed three artists yet you don't know how to distribute? I wouldn't want to sign with you for the priorities there alone, however I wish the best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by elliot1106 View Post
    You've started a label and signed three artists yet you don't know how to distribute? I wouldn't want to sign with you for the priorities there alone, however I wish the best of luck.
    That's all part of "the plan" with the Cart before the Horse generation.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

i used to use tunecore quite a while ago i liked it but no beatport or juno support. I am signed now so everything is taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by djwizard View Post
    Greetings

I've started a Record Label, and got 3 artists already signed, but we need more exposure.

2 Artists do House Music and other R&B.

1. I would like to know how I can put my label on online store with our music !
    2. I would like to know how I can see music through a reliable Digital Distributor
    3. How I can sell/promote my music on Traxsource + Juno + Beatport + iTunes etc etc

I've came across with TuneCore but I would like something very reliable to do it.

Thanks in advance
    you need an aggregator for beatport. a quick google comes up with this-

somecutzupaggregation.com and many others

http://www.kmag.co.uk/editorial/feat...el-part-2.html

this seems like really straightforward stuff you should be able to research on your own and, you know, figure out first if you are starting a record label and signing artists, no?
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 10-14-2012 at 08:41 PM.

Tech Mentor

Xonetacular! No need to be so hard on the guy, we are here to help not criticize!

As for promotion you'll want to get the name of the artists out there FIRST! The best option in my opinion is hosting a HUGE party! Invite damn near everyone, and have each artist play their tunes, hand out cards, make contacts and all of the regular stuff there. At the party make sure the name of your record label, as well as a web address is posted around the area (banners and light projectors work well). You want the name of the label to be in peoples minds, but you don't want it to be the biggest thing at the party. Let each artists flourish as an individual. As the individual artists get fame, so will the label itself. As your artists are given work, and produce good works, fans will come.

Now I'm 16 and your probably wondering what makes my advice trustworthy. Well its because this is what my label does! And it works pretty well. I will say that our online notoriety is quite meager, but our public notoriety is great! There isn't a party in my state that the Icon DJs aren't involved with!

ANYWAY!

As for content sales.
    RevebNation is great as I said earlier.
    RouteNote seems to be legit as well, though their free package has you losing a bit of profit.
    TuneCore seems to work well too!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast