Stupid carpet

Thread: Stupid carpet

Tech Student

Default Stupid carpet

What's up, I'm currently running a numark n4 and after spending about 2 weeks to change and do every different type of scenario I called numark. After trouble shooting for about a hour we came to the conclusion was that my carpet was causing it to have an electrical shortage. Now what can I do to correct this? Most of my house is carpeted besides the main essentials (kitchen, dining room, living room). I'm out of ideas and need some input.

Thanks in advance.

Tech Guru

Carpet?? What problems are you having?

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    Carpet?? What problems are you having?
    The jog wheels become very sensitive. To the poor if I put my hand over the wheel it would stop if it was in scratch mode. So numark customer service told me to move to a room that doesn't have carpet and it worked. The problem is all my equipment is in my bedroom. And that has carpet.

Seriously? That's the oddest thing I've ever heard.

Guess you could try a floor mat...probably not a carpeted one tho.
    nope.

why on earth....
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Its gangster to leave the sticker on. Not like Compton gangster, more like eminem gangster. My 47" LED TV is gangster like that. I left all of the stickers on the screen. Its more like a 20" triangle TV.

Most likely static electricity build up/interference. Especially if you're wearing socks. I guess you could try earthing the controller by running a small wire from a metal part of the chassis to another large metal object. Standing on a plastic mat would probably help? Like one of the ones you put under office chairs to stop them wearing out the carpet.

Use an ESD Rubber Mat or at least a ESD safe chair mat used in offices. They come in all kind of shapes and sizes.