Should I sell my vci-300 for a vci-100 arcade ?!

Default Should I sell my vci-300 for a vci-100 arcade ?!

Hey everyone,
    I am seriously thinking about selling up my vci-300 to buy a vci-100 arcade edition, as I was quite unaware of the pro's and cons before I bought in on the 300.
    I havn't used Traktor for DJ-ing before, but I have used serato scratch for quite a while now with CDJ's, do you think that changing from vci-300 and itch to vci-100 and Traktor is the best option ??
    I am definitely looking to create a more expressive DJ set, and I think the 100 and Traktor will help with this, I am looking for opinions on what is the best route to go with this.

Thank you

Migrate from the 300 to the 100.

The arcade mod isn't quite worth the cost of admission (to me), but "if you have the means" I'm convinced you won't come away disappointed.
    reason, live7, traktor pro, m-audio x-session, m-audio O2, KRK RP5, Roland RD300sx

i have a vci-100 se mod (non arcade) sitting at my house if you want to trade...
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Mentor

I am a current and long time SL user with 1200's and I owned 2 VCI-100's w/ 1.3 fw, recently sold both. I do think they are great quality and work well with Traktor Pro and earlier versions. I upgraded to Pro from the LE version and really started to heavily use the software. The NI software is very stable and sounds great. I am not sure if that is so much the sw or the hardware interface, I use NI AK1. After many hours of use on the 100's I started to get frustrated with the pitch control accuracy and the click at the center of the pitch control , so I started to think about ITCH and the 300 as another solutions. I sold both 100's and purchased a 300. I am much more happy with ITCH as my solution. It works extremely well and I find the pitch control a little more accurate. As I mentioned I am a SL user and I love the idea that all my crates work in ITCH. With ITCH RC1 out whitelabel.net (free tunes tunes) play at full bitrate.

I still use Tpro but now with my Korg Nano suite and the handy SYNC

Hey thanks for the reply !! I don't have a problem with the 300 I do think it's an amazing DJ tool but my tracks that I started to produce I don't believe would be possible to achieve using the 300 ! I am a little weary of the 100 being a performance tool but not cutting it as a dj-ing tool as well. I am starting to think perhaps I should invest in a 100 arcade for my cut ups and use the 300 for mixes ?!
    What you guys think
    Thnx again

Tech Mentor

that would be a cool set up. As for the 100 and a good dj tool... it is actually a great DJ tool. Works very well. If you are looking to use your own track maybe look at the APC40 and Ableton.

I have the 100 w/1.3FW and jog grips...plus the FW kit and a Pre-Sonus Firebox that I'd be willing to consider trading if you find the urge. I've used it twice....at home. I'm in the same boat as MTVstinks...have Serato and want the 300 instead.

i say keep the vci 300 which is a all in one solution.. plus Serato is gonna be putting a sampler and maybe the video plug in.. into itch so I would wait.. plus what's the difference.. of traktor and itch ... 4 decks.. ? effects..? with the sampler u will have 8 decks..

it's funny though cuz I've been thinking of going into serato.. from traktor.. haha... what ever u feel more comfortable playing with is what matters.... I would keep the VCI 300 IMO
    2xTECHS/DJM4/TF/SL3/MBPRO

Id get a VCI-100 Arcade button SE,

All the VCI-300 is good for is manually syncing and has better(but not perfect) jog wheel control - i only very rarely use this contols personally anyway and much enjoy that i can tweak out my VCI-100 to no end while the VCI-300 is stuck with some crappy mapping that the dudes at vestax and serato (who probably dont even friggen dj) decided was good for us.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Id get a VCI-100 Arcade button SE,

All the VCI-300 is good for is manually syncing and has better(but not perfect) jog wheel control - i only very rarely use this contols personally anyway and much enjoy that i can tweak out my VCI-100 to no end while the VCI-300 is stuck with some crappy mapping that the dudes at vestax and serato (who probably dont even friggen dj) decided was good for us.
    Cheers for the great thoughts on this difficult decision, especially Bento as you put it right out there and to the point which helps a lot.
    I think I have decided that I will keep the vci-300 as if the rumours of a sampler and fx are true then I will be quite happy when these little extras are released, but I have also decided that I might sell up my CD decks with serato scratch live on ebay to try and get enough money to get a decent 100 arcade se setup with a decent audio interface and Traktor pro.

Could any of you guys suggest the best setup with a vci-100 aracade i.e. sound card, extra controllers etc. I was looking to try and achieve the foot pedal setup that Ean showed in one of his video posts.

Thanks again and long live DJTT !!!!