why he using so much equipment? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Meh so he's just a mediocre DJ. Doesn't mean Joy Division or New Order aren't, y'know, awesome.
    i agree...... i think an epic history like joy division and new order can excuse a bad stint into the relm of djing. totally forgivable !

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    i disagree. we as djs all know how much time and work it takes to prepare a solid set, that's probably why I'm so judgemental. For an average party goer they're not going to give two shits how he plays the music for them, the only people who care about this kind of stuff are DJ geeks like myself who post on forums like this one
    .. shit my latest set took me approximately 3 months to put together from start to finish (you can find it in the promo section)

with that said for me personally it takes alot to get me out of the house for a DJ event these days, so unless they're offering something in their live performance that I can't get from a recording - there's no way im gonna waste time/money on it.

just my opinions. not trying to be a stick in the mud :P
    i love seeing people live, there's just something about live music and the atmosphere that you can't get from a recording. maybe that's what his fans go for? who knows. i know what you mean though, most people don't give a flying fck.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    i agree...... i think an epic history like joy division and new order can excuse a bad stint into the relm of djing. totally forgivable !
    Forgivable, perhaps. But for his own self respect though! What is he thinking? "I'm going to SQUEEEEEZE the snare out of this mixer by twiddling the EQ really hard!!"
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Tech Wizard

Tl:dw

easy answer: to make guys like us jeallous!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Default Zombie Thread!

Ok, perhaps slightly hyperbolic.
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

I saw PVD when he was here earlier this year and he was awesome.
    I don't know if he uses all that gear effectively but it was one of the best sets i've ever heard (partly because his genre and track selection are right up my alley)

He has a couple of guys that rocked up before him and set it up, then packed it down.
    Even if it is just for sponsorship and he barely makes use of it, PVD is a legend and has done his time on the decks.
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345