E.g.e. vci 400
    Toshiba with 2.3 ghz core i3
    6 gigs ram
    win 7 64 bit
    itch V7 drivers installed for my v7s
    Traktor 2.5
    Drivers for the audio 2 soundcard
    Vci400 drivers

Every time I close the program it hangs saying it's flushing background tasks. News ti be force quit.
    Every time I load a song it crackles and pops the other song that is playing.

Overall the sound quality is crap.

I do not know if I need to set the vci as asio or wasapi but when I get the wrong combination of the two I lose my cue channel. I don't know what to set the buffer at or the latency or sample size and I have never used traktor before. If somebody could please help me on my settings so I could trouble shoot my problems that would be great.

I want to start using the vci 400 at gigs but it is unreliable.

Also I am keeping one of my numark v7s. Can I plug it into the extra channels on my vci and run itch and traktor at the same time so I can have a good scratch turntable?

Tech Wizard

To start, set the latency between 5-10ms, and select vci400 asio driver. Does this improve things?
    vci400se | envy beats i7 | traktor pro 2.5.1

ive been having the same problem with the flushing background thing. Never goes away, end up having to force close traktor. From what iv been reading it has to do with a corrupted MP3 .wav etc etc. No idea how to track down this corrupted file so it is still happening. As for the crackling and popping, im not sure. I use an external komplete audio 6 for my soundcard with the EGE.
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

does the "flushing background hangup" happen if you simply open Traktor and immediately close it?
    Vestax VCI-400 EGE, Traktor Pro 2.5 + flashflooders' .tsi, Lenovo Y580 IdeaPad: 3rd Gen i7, 8 GB DDR3, 7200rpm 500 GB HDD, 1920x1080

http://soundcloud.com/bhajan-raum

not for me. It usually happens after i've been mixing for a good hour at least then when I go to shut it down, it stops at "flushing Background". Im pretty sure it is a corrupted mp3 somewhere that is causing it. Just need to figure out how to find it. Sucks because I build up a set list and I can never save it since the save happens when you close Traktor properly.
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

Vestax VCI-400 EGE, Traktor Pro 2.5 + flashflooders' .tsi, Lenovo Y580 IdeaPad: 3rd Gen i7, 8 GB DDR3, 7200rpm 500 GB HDD, 1920x1080

http://soundcloud.com/bhajan-raum

Thanks Bhajan, going to have to try these or something similar when I get a chance tomorrow.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by statussix View Post
    To start, set the latency between 5-10ms, and select vci400 asio driver. Does this improve things?
    Wow am I lost. What sample size should I use? USB streaming mode? right now I cannot adjust the latency slider and I am set at 64ms total latency.

Because I don't know how to use this version of traktor I might as well grab the update and hope it fixes the glitch I have been having where the BPM crawls down

Tech Convert

Ok

Tech Convert

you cannot set latency in tracktor with a vci-400, use the control panel app to accomplish this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast