Stanton T.92 Opinion

Default Stanton T.92 Opinion

So I noticed in the "four creatives ways to use traktor and ableton" video that they are using 2X Stanton T.92 turntables. They looked pretty sweet in the video and I've been able to find them for pretty cheap. They would be my first pair of turntables since I've really only been using controllers and cdj's. I thought that it might be a good bang for the buck. Except, everyone I've asked has just told me that Stanton is a crap brand and there turntables are not worth wasting your money on. Anyone used these before? Let me know!

Mike.

I am using the t.80's at the moment, and I'm not gonna sit here and say they are the best thing out there, they have treated me just great. The wow and flutter isn't much and tracks stay aligned pretty well. For what I paid I am extremely happy with them.
    A&H Xone 62, 2 x X1's, A6, Sony MDR V-700's

Tech Wizard

Apparently they don't know that the Stanton St-150 models are they best turntables made now. For the money the T.92s are ok but their are other options for a same-price set-up. DJ controllers are great for the price and you can mix internally which can be better for producing.
    Traktor Z2, Denon SC3900(2), Kontrol F1, MidiFighter3D, HDJ-2000, Mixed in Key, Platinum Notes, Jack and Coke. (Previously- Rane 68, Traktor DJM-t1, Pioneer DJM-800, CDJ-2000s (2), Traktor S4, Stanton 150s)

Quote Originally Posted by rsciangula View Post
    Apparently they don't know that the Stanton St-150 models are they best turntables made now. For the money the T.92s are ok but their are other options for a same-price set-up. DJ controllers are great for the price and you can mix internally which can be better for producing.
    I've heard a lot about the St-150 models as well. I think the problem is that people have recognized the "tech 12's" as the industry standard for a long time, despite the fact that more competent turntables have come and gone.

I've heard the same thing about the Vestax PDX-2000's and the Numark TTX's, that they're much better than the Tech 12's. To the OP, rather than spending money on Stanton T-92's try to get some St-150, PDX-2000's, or Numark TTX's used or even brand new on ebay.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by tokenasianguy View Post
    ...rather than spending money on Stanton T-92's try to get some St-150, PDX-2000's, or Numark TTX's used or even brand new on ebay.
    This. Heard good things about the T.92s but not used them personally. I'm using a trio of ST-150s and after getting over the hump of not being able to score Technics 1200 - which took all of a fortnight - these mongrels are going to be hard to replace (in that the abuse they take and still operate like a dream).

Built like tanks, wow & flutter specs fail to reflect (better) real world performance, great motor (I'm actually surprised how often I play with the start and brake dials) and solid tonearm.

I personally wouldn't go the PDX-2000. Money permitting I'd scoop the PDX-3000mix as alternatives to the ST-150. And the Numark TTX? A bit gimmicky for me and look a dog. Early models/builds are supposed to be avoided, apparently.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I've got T92's. Good TT's, but I don't scratch so I can't speak to that.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Default Denon DN MC6000 + Stanton T.92

Hi all,

I have a Denon DN MC6000 controller and a Stanton T.92 turntable. I am new to the world of digital dj'ing, and after some struggle I managed to get the Stanton working with the Denon, but the volume output on the Stanton is significantly lower than that of the others. I don't have the equipment at hand to describe exact set-up, but can give that if useful. Any help, advice, tips or whatnot would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Jon

i actually used the t62s for a while and i really enjoyed them. But st 150's will smoke 1200's any day of the week

Tech Wizard

I have heard that they are good for scratching. I have a pair and for mixing they are OK, they are not perfect but they will beat match, they just take a little bit of getting use to, but I will say this much for them, they are very well built, If you want to mix and are on a budget then you won't go wrong buying a set of these, but if you can afford the Re loops 7000 then obviously buy a pair of them, they will be more accurate than these. Sometime these do need a little push or tap to keep them into beat. But I would say for the price am guessing these are going to be the best in this budget.I love them not they are not perfect, you get what you pay for.