Audio clips in Ableton
    Tech Mentor

Default Audio clips in Ableton

Hey yall, I' m sure this is an easy fix but rather ask then look forever hehe. I'd just started tinkering with ableton and I like it very much, creating loops in sequence mode and all that. I have been using midi tracks only and had no issue.

Really straight forward kind of like FL studio. However today I imported some WAV audio samples, and I wanted to creat a simple drum loop. When I add something like hi-hats however I just get the waveform and I'm really in over my head on what to do next.

Surely I can use these samples in a midi fashion like in the piano roll and get it to loop? Any help is appreciated ^^

This is a confusing question. Please look through some of the introduction Ableton Live videos on YouTube first.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Tech Mentor

Okay, I'll try to make it more simple haha. You know when you add a clip you get the piano roll and you can record/draw them in a loop in sequence mode? I downloaded a sample pack and when I create a clip with it I just get a waveform and it plays the sound once, I can't enhance or draw or get pianoroll or whatever.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Look for videos on Simpler/Sampler or Drum Rack/Impulse. All of these are Ableton plugins.