inno fader mini and scratching
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default inno fader mini and scratching

anyone have a link to someone cutting with an innofader mini? and i mean someone competent please :P (id like to at least see smooth 2 clickers and super fast chirps and not some dude on a modded s4 doing baby scratches lol)

im on the fence as to whether or not to shell out on the z2 and sell my rane ttm56... ive personally never really seen anyone straight killing it with innofaders, let alone minis, which they say "hardcore scratchers" will be the only ones to notice the slight delays...what do they mean by this tho? i know we all saw the instagram pic of craze proudly holding his z2.... i mean if it will satisfy him then id be fine :P

having to go with a Frankenstein of a set up, just to get the use of my fader on my rane when i want to cut has really been putting a damper on my ideal workflow , and ive been extensively searching for a solution , so im fairly excited by the z2...i am worried however that i might be too "hardcore" for the minis...

any thoughts on this?
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

I'm pretty certain that they mentioned the micro delay to be completely honest and unbiased. I installed a proxfade in a vci 100 that i was using to control traktor scratch pro 2 in internal mode (and i scratch a lot), and man i can tell you it cuts really well, i mean so much so like an on/off switch, and i had the traktor latency at 8ms, going lower in latency (my macbookpro is from 2006, the 1rst intel one) it would be even tighter.

And to be completely unbiased myself, yes you can feel a slight delay (dependent on your traktor settings), but after using it 5 minutes you don't feel it anymore, its not something that will affect performance. It would be equal to having your speakers 3 meters away instead of in your face.

As for the quality of the cut you can expect from an inno, lots of people rate it higher than the rane magnetic crossfader. The mini i don't know, but it should be really good non the less.
    macbook pro, technics trntbl, numark pro sm-1, vestax pmc 08 pro, traktor scratch pro 2, akai mpd 24, novation nocturn, vci-100 fw1.4, krk rp5g2 and FBV express mk2

DJ Excess (the guy on the right) is using an NI Z2 here: -

Don't have a video, but I saw Shiftee doing some pretty crazy scratching with a Z2 and he said the x-fader was awesome.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Sweet...thanks for all the legit info...guess im sold...

Here's a live Ustream Craze did with the Z2

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/26054228
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

sick vid.... NI can thank craze for being the one to seal the deal :P

yeah man that's why they always give him their products first so he can "leak" it all over twitter and stuff then show how its supposed to be used
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

Does Craze do any scratching in that video? I had a quick skim through it but didn't see any and I can't be bothered to watch it all. If he does, can you tell me the exact time where it starts please? Cheers.

Check out 57:40 - 59:30 or so, decent amount in that bit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast