ADHD Mixing, Your Opinion? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

There were a ton of chicago djs that played house that would do this and I was never really impressed and thought it mostly left me feeling disconnected from the music on the dance floor. If a song is only worth 30 seconds, it probably doesn't belong in the crate.

^ thats how i feel. I like long smooth mixes most of the time, letting the music breathe and take its course.
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

^same here. Especially with house music - I've heard this with hip hop and pop and it can work out ok with skilled DJs and clever blends, but with house music I can't imagine getting down to quickmixing unless it's all pop song remixes. And even then I won't like it much. The only times I've really seen it work well is when the DJ is playing mostly pop songs and works up to the point slowly, then gets the dancefloor going crazy with one hit after another for a few minutes, and then returns to regular mixing. But when all a DJ does is quickmix I tune out or want to leave. In the days when everything was vinyl there was something impressive skill-wise about a DJ who could go through 200 records in an hour but even then I didn't like it much. Doing it in the age of the sync button however is hardly impressive and generally just annoying.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123