Gangnam Busters Mashup
    Tech Student

Default Gangnam Busters Mashup

Just finished my new Gangnam Style and Ghostbusters mashup I've been working on for a few weeks.

After I realized the two songs are almost the same speed and key, it had to be done. From a mix perspective, it's pretty simple - it uses Gangnam for the bass and mixes Ghostbusters in the mids and lows. I used Ableton Live and some presets I cooked up on the multiband compressor for most of this.

Then, after shooting the video over a few weeks, I decided to get wild with it and used Ableton and Maschine to do some video sampling stuff. I wanted to include some video of me actually playing this, but ultimately that proved too much additional work and time.

To do this 'Super Smash' stuff, I basically got a digital copy of Ghostbusters from iTunes, removed the DRM, then loaded it into Ableton. While somewhat painstaking, loading the whole movie allowed me to create an infinite number of cue points that I could then create clips from and map to Maschine's pads. I originally thought this would be too much for Ableton to handle, but after some tweaking it really gave me a lot more freedom compared to slicing dozens of small video clips.

One problem I ran into with Ableton was that it could only export so much of this video before the playback would freeze after rendering. I dunno if anybody else has run into this, but to get around it, I simply exported the 'Super Smash' timeline in 3 separate parts and combined them back in Final Cut.

So let me know what you think! And if you like my mixes, you can find some of my older tracks at PopChopper.com
    Last edited by BLAKEBUCK; 10-16-2012 at 03:22 PM.

ha I like it.. Creative

Tech Guru

haha not gonna lie, as much as I hate gangnam style that was pretty awesome