Traktor working with vestax vci 300???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor working with vestax vci 300???

hey guys im new here so id like to know if is that possible..? Traktor working with vestax vci 300???
    thnks

Tech Wizard

You will find extensive info on this subject in the forum. The best TSI so far is Soiks Beta TSI. Techtools is working on a new TSI, but for some reason they had to get a test unit from Japan so I guess we have to be patient

You can also ask Morbido, Claude and DjOc for help. These guys know a lot about the VCI 300.

Tech Convert

It is possible and is working fine till a certain point.

I don’t know if you are using a mac or pc. I’m using a pc running xp. I needed to install first asio4all, after Traktor Pro latest build and after latest mapping of Sosik. All info and tutorial you can find in this forum.

Just in short for now:

VCI300 + Traktor Pro + Sosik Mapping (best around) = Effects, beat synch... everything works except LED feedback for the volume, scratching less effective then Serato Itch (but is doing "scratching") , now manual pitch bend with the jogs possible which basically means you can only perform if you use auto sync as you can’t adjust when you are/go off beat/synch. So if your auto sync is putting you off sync/beat...well i don’t think the crowd will love this So for me a no go for life performance as I definitely need to have a way to put the tracks back in sync/on beat manually.

VCI300 + Serato Itch = Very good scratching performance. Perfect for manually beat/track mixing. Great if you are coming from Vinyl. You can do back flips and so on. Clean design so not too many bells and whistles. Low performance of beat sync. Many times he is off beat. Great loop function. No effects. Free as packed with your VCI300 and free updates. No need to install third party soft like asio4all, special mapping as especially designed for VCI300 use. Everything works out of the box. They claim that they have top stability with the VCI300...well let’s say with me it crashed ones during a life gig Luckily I had some vinyl on my turntables ready to jump in. I never had one crash using Traktor Pro with my VCI300 but again i never used Traktor life on a gig.
    I’m using Itch with the VCI300 as i can mix without beat sync for life gigs. I’m coming from vinyl and CD and I still use this combination for life gigs. My VCI is supplementary.

Personally for me as a Trance, Tech, Progressive, House DJ and had lots of experience on Vinyl the VCI300 plus Itch is a great combination for life performance. I’m just missing onboard effects (this you can fix by connecting an effect box), beat sync like the Traktor Pro. If I have all this on the Itch soft (not by purchasing extra boxes), then I will stick to Itch. But their development is slow and i fear the beat sync is still far behind the Traktor one and effects is far from being a priority for Serato Itch soft that this will take a long time or maybe never. They are targeting the Rap/Hip-hop/Scratch DJ. They don’t need all these functions. The way they mix is different. That’s why for example the scratch function is very performant on Itch. I don’t need high performance on features like scratching.

Traktor suits better my needs for my style of music and I’m looking to an all in one solution. I have already so many materials. That’s one of the reason I’ve chosen for the VCI300. Good build quality, nice jogs and build in sound card. Development is faster with NI and they have already lots of experience.

I hope this saying will help you to decide if you will use Itch or Traktor. Mainly depends what kind of Dj you are. If you still have question feel free to PM me or to post them.

Meanwhile Im hoping that DJTT will receive a test VCI300 soon to create a fully functional mapping on the VCI300. Sosik is very close but just a few important features missing fo a Dj like me.
    Last edited by DjOc; 07-02-2009 at 10:33 AM.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by DjOc View Post
    It is possible and is working fine till a certain point.

I don’t know if you are using a mac or pc. I’m using a pc running xp. I needed to install first asio4all, after Traktor Pro latest build and after latest mapping of Sosik. All info and tutorial you can find in this forum.

Just in short for now:

VCI300 + Traktor Pro + Sosik Mapping (best around) = Effects, beat synch... everything works except LED feedback for the volume, scratching less effective then Serato Itch (but is doing "scratching") , now manual pitch bend with the jogs possible which basically means you can only perform if you use auto sync as you can’t adjust when you are/go off beat/synch. So if your auto sync is putting you off sync/beat...well i don’t think the crowd will love this So for me a no go for life performance as I definitely need to have a way to put the tracks back in sync/on beat manually.

VCI300 + Serato Itch = Very good scratching performance. Perfect for manually beat/track mixing. Great if you are coming from Vinyl. You can do back flips and so on. Clean design so not too many bells and whistles. Low performance of beat sync. Many times he is off beat. Great loop function. No effects. Free as packed with your VCI300 and free updates. No need to install third party soft like asio4all, special mapping as especially designed for VCI300 use. Everything works out of the box. They claim that they have top stability with the VCI300...well let’s say with me it crashed ones during a life gig Luckily I had some vinyl on my turntables ready to jump in. I never had one crash using Traktor Pro with my VCI300 but again i never used Traktor life on a gig.
    I’m using Itch with the VCI300 as i can mix without beat sync for life gigs. I’m coming from vinyl and CD and I still use this combination for life gigs. My VCI is supplementary.

Personally for me as a Trance, Tech, Progressive, House DJ and had lots of experience on Vinyl the VCI300 plus Itch is a great combination for life performance. I’m just missing onboard effects (this you can fix by connecting an effect box), beat sync like the Traktor Pro. If I have all this on the Itch soft (not by purchasing extra boxes), then I will stick to Itch. But their development is slow and i fear the beat sync is still far behind the Traktor one and effects is far from being a priority for Serato Itch soft that this will take a long time or maybe never. They are targeting the Rap/Hip-hop/Scratch DJ. They don’t need all these functions. The way they mix is different. That’s why for example the scratch function is very performant on Itch. I don’t need high performance on features like scratching.

Traktor suits better my needs for my style of music and I’m looking to an all in one solution. I have already so many materials. That’s one of the reason I’ve chosen for the VCI300. Good build quality, nice jogs and build in sound card. Development is faster with NI and they have already lots of experience.

I hope this saying will help you to decide if you will use Itch or Traktor. Mainly depends what kind of Dj you are. If you still have question feel free to PM me or to post them.

Meanwhile Im hoping that DJTT will receive a test VCI300 soon to create a fully functional mapping on the VCI300. Sosik is very close but just a few important features missing fo a Dj like me.
    im using a mac os x vers 10.5.7..!

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by cagibufo View Post
    im using a mac os x vers 10.5.7..!
    This makes it even easier
    You need Traktor Pro latest build and after latest mapping of Sosik. So no need for asio4all as its a windows thing. Your VCI300 should be working fine.
    Last edited by DjOc; 07-02-2009 at 11:26 AM.

Tech Convert

This makes its even easier
    You need Traktor Pro latest build and after latest mapping of Sosik. So no need for asio4all as its a windows thing. Your VCI300 should be working fine.
    so..? where i can download it? .. i mean i use traktor 3.3.0 version
    Last edited by BentoSan; 07-02-2009 at 12:09 PM.

If you want someone to tell you where to get a cracked version of Traktor from this forum, please think again - its agaist the rules.
    Last edited by BentoSan; 07-02-2009 at 01:19 PM.

Tech Convert

Sosiks mapping:
    http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3676

NI Traktor Pro:
    After purchase downloadable from http://co.native-instruments.com/ind...?id=djlineshop
    Last edited by DjOc; 07-02-2009 at 12:28 PM.

Tech Convert

thnks again.. and sorry about the cracked one!!

i mean i use traktor 3.3.0 version
    if you are using a traktor version different than traktor pro be sure to download the mini.translator. theres a post in the blog about it, just search for it. if you are using traktor pro, then just forget my comment

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast