Very tricky Traktor recording question! Lets see what you got!!

Default Very tricky Traktor recording question! Lets see what you got!!

Alright so I am having a very hard time wrapping my head around this one guys! Here is the situation. i am using 2 Xone K2's and an external mixer. Meaning I have internal and external control with traktor. When I set traktors output routing to internal I still have all the controls the k2's offer, but I loose my faders :/ and when I switch to external as it normally is, I cannot record my mixes! Or at least I haven't figure out a way to! And don't tell me to click internal mix on the recording preference tab, this isn't the problem lol. PLEASE HELP?! WE REALLY NEED TO RECORD OUR PROMO MIXX!!! PLEASE AND THANK YOU :]

I also wondered if there was an application I can record with. Aside from audacity! something simple and free lol

You need an input from your rec out or booth out of your mixer back into traktor. Since the Xone K2's only seem to have an audio out, you may have to create an aggregate "sound device" that incorporates a line in on your computer(if it has one) or get a sound card like an audio6 or Audio10.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

pretty sure you cant record within Traktor when mixing externally. Or to put it another way you can only record in Traktor when you mix internally. You'll need to route from your record out on the mixer back into your laptop and use audacity or something similar to record.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

What kooper said.

OP, I'm not sure you've quite grasped what external mixing means. In external mode, Traktor outputs audio independently for each deck, so the job can be done by an external mixer. That's why the volume faders on the K2s don't work, because Traktor expects the faders on the mixer to be used instead. For the same reason, Traktor can't record, because the mixer is doing the mixing rather than the software.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    What kooper said.

OP, I'm not sure you've quite grasped what external mixing means. In external mode, Traktor outputs audio independently for each deck, so the job can be done by an external mixer. That's why the volume faders on the K2s don't work, because Traktor expects the faders on the mixer to be used instead. For the same reason, Traktor can't record, because the mixer is doing the mixing rather than the software.
    you can record in Traktor externally, you just need to choose external recording then choose the input you have your booth or rec going into. it has to be on the same sound interface as what your using to output your music though. it wont allow you to use one sound interface for output to the mixer and another device solely for input for recording in Traktor
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

True dat. Easiest way if you don't have enough inputs is to use the laptop's mic in with an RCA - 3.5mm jack from the mixer and record with audacity as others have mentioned.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You can use the aggregated device technique and use it to set a deck's input to be the recorder's source, saving yourself using an extra program.

What mixer is it?
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl