a Vestax VCI400 - and Scratch pro plea for help!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default a Vestax VCI400 - and Scratch pro plea for help!

after years of denial - and deciding the cost of CD decks was too much - i finally bought into the digital music thing. but i'm struggling.

I love my vinyl and wanted an all in one solution. something that would allow me to connect my analog decks but also give me the ability to mix digital music. So i got the Vestax VCI 400.

it worked fine with some really basic software - Algoriddim's djay. But clearly it isn't where I need to be.. The thing is - i'm lost with Traktor Scratch Pro. The wizard didn't even give me the VCI400 in the drop down menu...Am wondering whether I'm down a blind alley.

any help would be much appreciated

Alex

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Check maps page and dl mapping for traktor version that you own, then import it twice from big import button in lower section of preferences window.

Welcome to the forum.

If you want to get into Traktor, the best thing to do by far is to read the manual from cover to cover then buy the Traktor bible and do the same thing. There are many small features which it's just easier to discover on your own than for someone to try and take you through them on a web forum. Play with it, and when you get stuck and the manual and bible don't help you, ask here. Not trying to be unhelpful, i hope you understand.

By the way, since you say you have traktor scratch pro, did you get that with an external audio interface for timecode control?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

If you want to get into Traktor, the best thing to do by far is to read the manual from cover to cover then buy the Traktor bible and do the same thing. There are many small features which it's just easier to discover on your own than for someone to try and take you through them on a web forum. Play with it, and when you get stuck and the manual and bible don't help you, ask here. Not trying to be unhelpful, i hope you understand.

By the way, since you say you have traktor scratch pro, did you get that with an external audio interface for timecode control?
    oh i know I've got to invest time and effort in that respect. i've looked through the traktor manual though - so not being completely lazy.

i dont really see the point of timecode given that the controls on the VCI400 are great for controlling mp3s, in my view. the record decks are for my vinyl.

Are you sure you have Traktor SCRATCH Pro?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Tech Convert

looks like it to me
    Last edited by AlexRay; 10-21-2012 at 12:03 PM.

Ok. So you pirated it, right?

Tech Convert

no.

but since my post last night i've been in the service centre and seen there are a few files i'm able to download.

Not trying to be a dick about it, but 9 times out of 10 when someone has scratch pro without a certified NI audio interface it's because they've pirated the software, and we don't support that here.

Tech Convert

i hear that. its a legit copy. i'm one of these mugs who's paid for all his music and equipment all his life - hence the delay in getting digital.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast