Is most club equipment broken or wonky? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

I would say not all dj equipment in clubs is wonky. I say suck it up and deal with it; its the club owners responsibility to provide adequate equipment. I know it can be annoying when the turntables are not working right. If its a regular place you spin at get management to fix or have a replacement for it.

If your a guest dj at a another club, ask the dj that played the night before hows the equipment, and try to prepare the best you can.

I know how you feel, when something is not working right, and djing with one turntable throws off your whole game... look at it as a challenge though!

It's honestly the most horrible feeling when you're trying to set up serato whilst the previous dj is playing and it's not working and everyone is looking at you etc. I played a big ish festival and had to just use one serato deck and copy it across to the other deck as a doubler after every tune. It was pretty stressful and basically was the nail in the coffin for me and serato.

At least with traktor a lot less can go wrong. Audio 10 and X1 or even my S2 now. Just plug one line in into the mixer and away I go.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Low to mid grade clubs, yes.
    Clubs that generally play to the masses (top40 pop). yes

Clubs that are actually run by people in the industry or who give a fuck about the music will toss you out if you're abusing their gear, yes stuff gets worn out over time and constant abuse but i seen a DJM2000 get installed in one of my locals, within a couple of months it was trashed. Disgusting.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Tech Guru

You're going to find some places that are great and others that are beat up. Yes 1200's have been around for a while and chances are many places don't send them for regular service. I played somewhere a few weeks ago that had 4 1200's and each one had something wrong. I made the best of it. I even brought my VCI-300 and left in in my car "just in case", but I left it there and just worked with what i had. I don't think it's a Traktor or Serato thing. It's a where you play thing and how they maintain their stuff.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

For the most part. Yes most equipment in clubs are trash. off brand, broken, missing knobs whatever. I play with that equipment all the time, cdjs, vinyl, literally whatever they got cause I don't care to bring my stuff into a place that could give a crap less itself. So i usually just play out with my cds. That being said if you can play on that crap equipment and do well, you can play on anything. Plus you learn to appreciate good equipment then.

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    (looking for upvote...forgot this wasnt reddit)
    thsi happens to me all the time as well

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

this is scaring me, as i now play more and more vinyl. never had to deal with dodgy 1200's as any time i've used vinyl out i've had to bring my own decks because the bar admitted to me that they had them but, and i quote, "i wouldn't want to use them if i were you..."

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    Low to mid grade clubs, yes.
    Clubs that generally play to the masses (top40 pop). yes

Clubs that are actually run by people in the industry or who give a fuck about the music will toss you out if you're abusing their gear, yes stuff gets worn out over time and constant abuse but i seen a DJM2000 get installed in one of my locals, within a couple of months it was trashed. Disgusting.
    i honestly can't fathom the audacity of people abusing 2200€ piece of gear. those people need some punching in the teeth.

Tech Guru

this isnt a new problem! clubs gear always gets wrecked...they have a tough life...but the beauty of 1210s is that they keep motoring on albiet slightly wonky lol. just get used to it, it will make u technically better
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12