Toronto is exploding.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Toronto is exploding.

The Nu Disco, Electro, Electro House scene right now is out of control in Toronto! Obviously the house, trance, dubstep are all big down here.. but im finding that electro is toronto's new vibe.

We have huge names passing through weekly in a bunch of clubs. In the last three months I have either seen or opened up for people like MSTRKRFT, Barletta, John Roman, Golden Gloves, Bloody Beetroots, Aoki, Zeds Dead, Bird Peterson, etc. It's wild to see how much Djing has changed in a year here. It's more of a show than anything, or a performance to be more exact. Alot of these guys, including me use preplanned sets, rock the shit out of the party and on goes the next DJ. On any given night you might see 2, 3 or even 4 DJ's spin to open up a headliner.

There are tons of clubs in Toronto, but very few have this electro vibe and are progressing the scene so drastically. I can think of 5 clubs that are absolutlely changing Toronto's Djing scene as we know it. I'll list them so if your in town you gotta check em out!

First off, and formost is "THE SOCIAL"

The Social is best on a monday, and even better on a thursday. It's a london underground inspired dance cave. It is AWESOME! Its dirty, its sweaty, and it has $3.00 pints of labatt 50. It's were most electro DJ's want to spin in Toronto, as soon as you've done the social it seems like your accepted into the community. It's 1100 Queen St West.

Next up, RIVA

RIVA is another awesome place! I've only graced it twice, and both times I can't remember shit. Same scene, same dirty feeling when you leave the club.. but there $2.00 jagar hour killed me both times.

Strange Love (which is my personal favourite)

This place is just a beauty in all aspects. The women, the management, and the bouncers are down right cool. It's a fun place to spin at since everybody loves the electro scene down there. And everybody dances. Many times you will get some local salesmen selling glowsticks which everybody has to have. By the end of the night its like a huge glowstick party with broken glowsticks spraying radioactive liquid everywhere.

WRONGBAR

WRONGBAR is soooo RIGHTBAR. (kinda lame i know) But it is! Wrongbar saturdays are sweet, its a huge afterhours scene for after a big night at strangelove or riva.

Annnd last but not least... CiRCA!

CiRCA fridays, is a huge tourist attraction to anyone visiting toronto. It is afterall the biggest nightclub in Canada!

This place is huge! its stocked with Dj's in the bathrooms, walls that LED n shit when you touch them.. its a trip! Not too mention the people running around in pacman costumes and girls in lingerie sitting inside glass walls (payed models)

btw, you should definately try the costume thing, they'll give u a costume, and $15 drink tickets and u just run around and wear it, It's hellafun

anyways, just thought i'd let you know how its done down here in Toronto.. atleast on my end of it.

!BANG!

i gotta get up there again. shit sounds off the rip right now
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Toronto is awesome. I haven't been there in years though.
    They always had the best DnB scene, good to see they got themselves some electro.
    Do you ever catch Marcus Visionary, he's a hell of a cool guy and a kick ass dj.

Tech Guru

i want to check toronto out sometime, you guys get so mmany good shows!

things are a little slower here in Vancouver!

Tech Mentor

I Would love to visit Toronto when I'm 18 or 19.(what's the legal age there again lol) Glad to hear some part of Canada has a really good electro scene!

Aoki came to Winnipeg yesterday. Missed out cause of work! (16+ event) Next big thing that's coming is MSTRKRFT =) in 2 weeks I think?

Yeah dude, its crazy here... im seeing Aoki tonight at the KEE in muskoka.. so pumped!

The competition down here is fierce. One thing that hasn't changed is that alot of the DJ's are looking down on midi controllers. Most ppl have never seen / heard of the VCI-100. Whenever I bust it out there like WTF?! It's actually so annoying i have debated to switch over to serato and CDJ recently...

Tech Mentor

Don't sweat it, as long as you keep ppl in the club, you're good. I only know one guy in my city that uses a vci 100 or any type of midi controller and that's eyensee from djtt hahah. Big ups to you and him for using the vci in a club! Might be getting one myself for 4 bills soon!

yeah man, its starting to progress a little big. It works flawlessly, never had a problem.. just plug it into the club mixer and bang! But whatever, i saw one of my toronto dj "idols" and i finally took a look at his set up, all he uses is the club mixer, and serato and a laptop.. no cdj, turntable.. nadda. From now on i don't really care.

i just need to save up some cash, and pick a mixer.. probably a xone 32.. i really want to learn how to use the mixer with my vci properly..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast