Leaked video of Ableton Live 9... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Simply this, let me have a mixer window on a secondary display.
    Indeed, freedom how to display all the options on screen(s).
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I hope to God I'm wrong, but the little we've seen doesn't sound like they're giving much mind to DJ'd. Glue might be useful - but if they REALLY cared about us, they'd sort out the external sync'ing!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    I really hope they have a lot more to offer than a few new devices and an improved browser like this vid shows. I mean it's been like 3-4 years now or something since live 8... The new devices don't really mean that much, I use plugins for that stuff anyway.
    I'd welcome a release with minimal new features that focuses on stabilty, audio quality and efficient, clean coding. For me V8 was unusable for a long time due to bug ridden new features. A simple, refreshed and cleaned up code/architecture is probably just what the doctor ordered after years of bug fixes.

Tech Wizard

And I will now present my 2 cents, which is for viewing purposes only, nothing more and nothing less. If you started producing/making music on your Microsoft windows Xp, chances are you started with a pirated copy of. Fruity Loops 3, if you didn't shame on you. You got into making music more over the years and you continued making fat beats, then one day you realised you were sitting on a legal copy of FL studio 8, if you weren't, shame on you. You realised hey not much has changed in terms of user interface, work flow, audio quality, etc basically when you look back on it, its mainly been a bunch of updates rather than newer versions. Don't get me wrong, there have been major improvements, major developments but compared to the changes that you would see in other DAWs eg, Cubase, Logic, Pro tools, these nearly look like patch updates rather than new versions. So you moved on to different DAW or like IPhone 4s user's you purchased 5. You rarely see FL fanboys complaining or making high demands from Image Line. Why? Because they have chosen FL as a DAW because its what works for them. In my line of work, I am constantly asked, what DAW is the best? Without fail my answer is always, The DAW that you are comfortable working with getting your idea's outta your head and into the DAW. Which brings me to my point. Ableton fanboys should stop b**ching about what Ableton doesn't have, what Ableton should have and how Ableton should work. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I don't think the guys at Ableton shouldn't consider user feedback, but don't you think after 8 versions of the software there is a reason they have not added multiple screen functionality? Or why djing is not there biggest concern? Or many of the demands user have made since Live 7 have not surfaced?Maybe they are politely trying to tell you Cubase would be a better fit for your productions and Traktor for your Djing? Maybe the way Ableton works is not for you, did you ever think of that before you posted you tirade? One thing you may have forgotten is that if you have been a regular, user of Live 8, you have been making music,performing your productions and djing in Ableton. You enjoyed doing it and in the end it's given you that same warm feeling you get when you pee in a swimming pool in winter. So continue doing all this and less demands. Let the updates come at their own pace and embrace the new features in the new versions even if they take 3 to 4 years to arrive and the feature you want is not there. And if you are still using forums to vent about how crap Ableton is, I hear Sequel 3.2 is rad and bitwig is in development. And remember folks its my 2cents, let's keep it that way
    Long live the Noob Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Scaper7 View Post
    I'd welcome a release with minimal new features that focuses on stabilty, audio quality and efficient, clean coding. For me V8 was unusable for a long time due to bug ridden new features. A simple, refreshed and cleaned up code/architecture is probably just what the doctor ordered after years of bug fixes.
    Actually the 8.1 was an architectural rewrite fixing the unstable 8.0 architecture...

I doubt Ableton Live will ever make a DJ-centric UI similar to Traktor, that's not in their radar. Rather a studio tool that could also be used as a a live tool.

Producers have always complained about DAW apps -- nothing new under the sun, yawn.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Quote Originally Posted by Reveren Kamakaze View Post
    And I will now present my 2 cents...
    That's all very well, but at the end of the day if you don't ask, you don't get. No one expects DAW designers (or any other software designers, or hardware manufacturers) to implement every single suggestion that users make online, but there's nothing wrong with voicing what you'd like or what you think is missing. After all, if no one bitched about things there'd be no pressure on the developers to improve them.

I'm not saying let's all bitch about everything til we get out own way, just that the whole point of a public forum is that people can share their personal opinions and others can listen.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

Looks good.

I am not disliking it either.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

I'm not saying developers shouldn't pay attention to the end user, I'm saying the end user should appreciate what they have and instead of worrying and complaining about the nitty gritty but simply get back to simply making music.
    Long live the Noob Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Reveren Kamakaze View Post
    I'm not saying developers shouldn't pay attention to the end user, I'm saying the end user should appreciate what they have and instead of worrying and complaining about the nitty gritty but simply get back to simply making music.
    At the end of the day it comes down to that I like ableton enough more than I like any of the other current options and I don't think having a discussion about future releases is taking away from anyone's time making music. I use ableton all the time and discussing my gripes with it doesn't mean everyone in this thread is putting music making on hold until ableton fixes everything, so not really sure what your point is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast