Bose L1 Portable
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bose L1 Portable

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/...p&src=CMG00021

Although pricey, I wonder if this would be good for a portable PA option. The setup I have is so cumbersome, a setup like this (if it performs just as good or better) would be worth the price difference.

Anyone with any experience? Kind of sounds too good to be true.

I haven't heard the bose ones, but quite a few of the stands at BPM had similar systems and they're remarkably powerful for how compact they look.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I know a few guys who use them, great sound, enough for weddings or small mobile gigs. They don't have the same presence that a big speaker would, so not ideal for club style music or high volumes.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Tech Mentor

I've used the Bose L1 with two bass bins at over 50 weddings when I started, and there were just a handful where I felt that it wasn't enough.

But don't expect too much bass out of them. I never really like using just one speaker, though... The unsymmetrical look and the lack of stereo seperation left me personally unsatisfied. If I were to get them myself, I would get two... but that's going to run you nearly $5K

To this day, it's the setup that got me the most compliments... Despite the fact that it's OK sounding at best. People see the name "Bose" and automatically tune their heads to "This sounds great!" mode.

Tech Wizard

I have one L1 compact, and is very powerful, but a few limit on low frequency.The L1 compact is a little brother of bose l1,s series.The setup is quick and easy, and the technology as bose develop (Bose® Spatial Dispersion™ loudspeaker technology delivers sound evenly across the stage and throughout the audience—even to the extreme sides) not limit the propagation of sound.Effectively for club music you not have enough bass, but with a cross-over from rolls, you can use the b1 subwoofer who by nature is incompatible for the L1 compact. For me I have only one and I expect to buy another one.All my audience are very happy for the quality and powerful of this material. If you want more power with good bass go for the L1 model II with 2 B1.

Tech Mentor

im confused on how you connect to it. I only see one analog trs input. I guess an adapter would work, or just run mono.

Tech Mentor

Sounds like crap. About as satisfying as sucking a tit through a bra.

Quote Originally Posted by kawnee View Post
    I have one L1 compact, and is very powerful, but a few limit on low frequency.The L1 compact is a little brother of bose l1,s series.The setup is quick and easy, and the technology as bose develop (Bose® Spatial Dispersion™ loudspeaker technology delivers sound evenly across the stage and throughout the audience—even to the extreme sides) not limit the propagation of sound.Effectively for club music you not have enough bass, but with a cross-over from rolls, you can use the b1 subwoofer who by nature is incompatible for the L1 compact. For me I have only one and I expect to buy another one.All my audience are very happy for the quality and powerful of this material. If you want more power with good bass go for the L1 model II with 2 B1.
    Have you ever tried the new B2? I was reading on their forum that it even outperforms two B1's.

Tech Wizard

The l1,s series is a portable system stereo. The spatial dispersion loudspeaker technology gives an angle of 180 degrees.
    http://toonz.ca/bose/wiki/index.php?..._Reverberation
    Bose request is to use 1 l1. http://toonz.ca/bose/wiki/index.php?title=Dual_Mono but with correct installation you can use 2 L1.
    To connect one L1 you can use a split adapter 2 trs ---> 1 trs or 2 rca ---> 2 rca.
    I never tried the new B2, but effectively is a combinaison of 2 B2

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

If size and looks matter the L1's + Extra Sub(s) are bloody amazing'

I dont think anyone creates speakers with the juice Bose can manage in such a small box.... they do NOT sound like a regular PA speaker, more like a really loud hi-fi ...

IMHO if the gig is big enough to warrant more sound, hire some extra speakers in as fills

My 2 cents.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast