TSP 2.6 info (download available) - Page 33
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

I'm not sure whether this warrants its own thread, but I have been trying to find out lately which effects are actually in the new Macro combinations.

NI provide a list of the Macros here but both the titles and the descriptions, whilst being quite fun, are a little bit whimsical when it comes to the nuts and bolts of what effects are actually being deployed.

Some, like Granuphase, Laserslicer or Polar Wind contain clues as to what may be going on, but others like Zzurp, Strrretch or Dark Matter don't have much to say apart from nonspecifics like "go into a time warp" or "let's get psychedelic". Great, but what is actually happening?

I guess what I am after is a fairly comprehensive list of which effects combine to form which Macros, does anybody know if such a list exists?

From the looks of things NI seem to be playing their cards fairly close to their chests on this one.
    With the ill behaviour...

So Traktorbible still hasn't posted anything about 2.6 yet... I'd like to read their take on the matter.
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1

Word.

The gauntlet is down.

Any FX maestros round here have any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by The Pancaker View Post
    So Traktorbible still hasn't posted anything about 2.6 yet... I'd like to read their take on the matter.
    Rainer and has been silent since 2.5 came out. Nothing on 2.5.1 or 2.6.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Goat View Post
    I'm not sure whether this warrants its own thread, but I have been trying to find out lately which effects are actually in the new Macro combinations.

NI provide a list of the Macros here but both the titles and the descriptions, whilst being quite fun, are a little bit whimsical when it comes to the nuts and bolts of what effects are actually being deployed.

Some, like Granuphase, Laserslicer or Polar Wind contain clues as to what may be going on, but others like Zzurp, Strrretch or Dark Matter don't have much to say apart from nonspecifics like "go into a time warp" or "let's get psychedelic". Great, but what is actually happening?

I guess what I am after is a fairly comprehensive list of which effects combine to form which Macros, does anybody know if such a list exists?

From the looks of things NI seem to be playing their cards fairly close to their chests on this one.
    The two stretch effects are self explanatory (IMHO), and quite useful if you are an old school cut & chop style DJ, I guess the hip-hop boys will have the most use for those. They both feel a little like the ones in the instant gratification maps for the midifighters. They sound best with post fader and a brutal track stop, I think Ean demoed them on one of the videos.

The best way (again IMHO) to find out what they do is play with them, i haven't found many that work well outside of the EDM/Dance arena though.
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

That's the thing, I have played with them extensively, and I know what they sound like pretty well, but I was wondering if anyone knew specifically which of the existing effects combine to form the Macros.
    For example I'm guessing Laserslicer is a Beatslicer and a Flanger with maybe something else engaging when turned to extremes. After all, they are not genuinely new effects per se, but effectively built in superknob functions.
    If I downloaded some kind of superknob mapping I'd want to know exactly what was happening when I engaged it, so I could better predict how it was going to behave in any given situation, and the same applies here.
    That's not to say that messing about with them in different scenarios doesn't give a good idea of how they work, but personally I prefer to know what is going on under the hood.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233