Those Compilations of Unmixed DJ tracks on ebay
    Tech Wizard

Default Those Compilations of Unmixed DJ tracks on ebay

everyone here must have seen these listings whilst browsing ebay for DJ related gear and accessories, and there seem to be hundreds to choose from for all different genres. House and all different sub genres, trance, dnb, dubstep, hip hop etc etc

now i know that seeing as they are usually selling a couple DVDs with 1000+ tracks that no doubt 90% will be shit and no doubt be poor audio quality or less than 320's. but saying all that my curiosity is getting the better of me and im quite tempted to get one just to see if they have anything worth keeping. plus at only a tenner it wont be breaking the bank if they are 100% turd

my question to you lot is, have you ever got one of these DVD's from ebay and what were your experiences with them>?

If you buy something without being sure of the quality you get what you deserve. No doubt they'll all SAY they're 320's - but that doesn't mean they're not converted 96's....
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Buying tracks like that in bulk just add mass to your library, not quality. I'd say take that $10 and buy some music you know you will use.
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

Wouldn't be surprised if they had malware on.

If you want to pirate music, why pay to do it?

I never understood why DJs need thousands of mediocre tracks for playing live rather than 20-30 really good ones. With $1.49-1.99 at Beatport and $0.99 at Amazon/iTunes, it's not even an expensive investment compared with let's say getting a really good bass guitar rig for gigs.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Quote Originally Posted by Otacon View Post
    Buying tracks like that in bulk just add mass to your library, not quality. I'd say take that $10 and buy some music you know you will use.
    ^^ This
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    http://soundcloud.com/djsidetrakd
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014

Tech Wizard

im in no way saying that buying these and not expecting them to be mostly shit quality would be foolish, nor would buying these as a replacement to the normal way you purchase music be the way to go

i suppose the way im looking at it is that its another way to go 'digging for tunes' if you get 1000 tracks of just dnb from the last few years, surely there will be a few things that prick your ear, that in turn make you check out an artist you dont usually look at or record labels etc

just me intrigued by this then lol

Tech Wizard

I report them every time I see them as they are clearly pirated copies - they use the terms "These are all my own productions" or something and they clearly aren't

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    If you want to pirate music, why pay to do it?
    This.

Paying people for pirated shit is probably worse then just doing it yourself.... You're obviously willing to pay, how about trying to ensure that money ends up with the right people... (at least a % of it)