Survey for DJTT readers! Would u want more MUSIC PRODUCTION based tutorials on DJTT?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Survey for DJTT readers! Would u want more MUSIC PRODUCTION based tutorials on DJTT?

Hey everybody!

So DJTT is interested in including more articles based on music production on the website in the near future and I'm helping them find out in what direction we should go in! So I've compiled a list of questions to help focus ourselves on finding just what DJTT readers would like to learn more about in respect to Music Production and we would greatly appreciate it if you helped us out by answering some questions. Or, if that's not your style, let me know what you think and what you'd like to learn about music making and songwriting!

Thanks y'all!!

1. What do you do/what's your interest (i.e. DJ, Producer, Musician, etc.) and how much experience in that field do you have?

2. Would you like DJTT to create more segments and articles focused music production and songwriting?
    (as opposed to focusing on Djing and performance advice.)

2. If so, is there any specific aspect of music production and songwriting you'd like to learn more about?
    (i.e. Mixing, mastering, how to write good hooks and catchy tunes, EQing, how to get started.)

3. If you're a producer, what DAW do you use?

4. Any other ideas you'd like to express? What can we do to help engage you and help you learn more about the world of music production?

Thanks again y'all!

-Ryan

YES!

It would be great to have this added to DJTT. Its already my go to site first thing in the morning, so to have more Production based stuff would be tit!

1. What do you do/what's your interest (i.e. DJ, Producer, Musician, etc.) and how much experience in that field do you have?
    A - I have been playing and taking music lessons since I was 7 years old. I am 33 at the moment. I would like to see more Ableton Production articles relating to Electronic Music but also non Electronic Music (might not be as popular). I would also like to see more articles on using Ableton to play Live. I DJ, produce and also am a backing DJ for a Electronic Band, so it will be great to learn more about performing with Live in such situations. Currently I just use Traktor when I play out.

2. Would you like DJTT to create more segments and articles focused music production and songwriting?
    (as opposed to focusing on Djing and performance advice.)
    A - I would like to see more production stuff, but at the end of the day this is more of a DJing forum. However, currently one needs to produce to REALLY get ahead of the pack and have a greater arsenal of skills. So a balance would be great.

2. If so, is there any specific aspect of music production and songwriting you'd like to learn more about?
    (i.e. Mixing, mastering, how to write good hooks and catchy tunes, EQing, how to get started.)
    A - I would like to understand understand more about overall production, where one gets your tracks ready to play out. So not mastering really, but how to do a GOOD mixdown, that is good enough to play out. Also lead writing. Chords and melodies are one thing, but layering the lead to get a real powerful sound and hook would be great to know.

3. If you're a producer, what DAW do you use?
    A - Currently Ableton Live 8, but used Cubase for years before that.

4. Any other ideas you'd like to express? What can we do to help engage you and help you learn more about the world of music production?
    A - A well written article with real info is always great, but video's are a must too. They really help being able to hear and see what is meant, instead of just reading the info.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Hey Sarasin! Thanks so much for the feedback. I'll definitely take what you said into consideration!

1.) Producer with some years of experience. I would call me an intermediate.
    Besides, I still DJ and enjoy it. It's where I've been coming from when starting with music production.

2.) I personally would be very much interested in more music production related stuff. I've always loved when DJTT asked artists some questions about their way of producing.

2.1) I think mastering is a point where most people still need some education. In the DJ area we still see a lot of people regularly hitting the red. And that's only the basics. But also getting deeper into mastering would be very interesting.

3.) I use Ableton Live a lot, but I also own Studio One and have experiences with Cubase.

4.) Sarasin already hit the point here. One thing I would like to add is "Keep up the artist interviews where they are asked about their way of production. This is incredibly inspiring!"
    Last edited by RockingClub; 10-24-2012 at 03:27 AM.
    The NI trio - Traktor Kontrol S4 - Maschine - Komplete - and some more gear...

sure hell i wouldn't mind writing a few myself and popping them on the forums when i get time

Closing this thread.

Have not had any notifications that this would take place, and especially if this was in conjunction with the San Fran team.
    Once I have received confirmation and everything has checked out, I will re-open it.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but at this point everyone can say they are conducting these things with the HQ team.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I have received word from the San Francisco Team that this is a legit DJTT survey!

Let's continue!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

*bump*

As far as I'm concerned, DJ is in the name of this site and the focus should be DJing and live performance. There are plenty of production forums out there, and DJTT shouldn't try to be all things to all people.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I think we should. As production and Djing is becoming more and more a single thing. These elements should be touched upon. It will help people work within DAW more and use them to DJ as well. DJing is slowly becoming live producing in a sense, therefore we should touch upon the basics or DAWs their capabilities, how to use them, maybe even some arranging. For instance I found turtorials like this useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=U...v=ykgYj0VaoHY#!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast