macbook air 2009 c2d with serato?

Default macbook air 2009 c2d with serato?

hi guys i need to be quick as this will go soon, i have been offered a 13" macbook air 1.8ghz c2d for a really good price, my question is has anyone run one of these with serato or ableton? and how did it perform, is the 1.8ghz enough i know it falls slightly shy of the min requirements but was wondering if anyone had first hand experience, it will only be used for serato and ableton, maybe logic but none at the same time

thanks

Tech Convert

I run ableton and traktor on a 2006 White macbook with a core duo (note, not c2d)@ 2ghz and i don't have a problem with it.
    GHz don't mean that much, the architecture (not architecture in the 64/32 bit sense, but actually the technology used) of the processor is much more important. You can't compare two different cpu's based on their clock frequency, unless they share the same architecture. A 1.6ghz cpu can be faster than a 3.0ghz one.
    You won't have any problems running serator or ableton, even if you were running them at the same time

fantastic... thats exactly what i wanted to hear... especially as when i posted it there was only 10 mins left lol and i bought it anyway...

Tech Convert

Awesome, post results

You might run into some trouble if you run lots of channels in ableton/logic with FX and automation going, but I wouldn't expect it to be too bad.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

slight change of plan, i did buy it, then i saw a 13" pro 2010 going for silly money so ive already sold the air and bought the pro, didnt even get round to trying it... cheers for the input/help though gents.. appreciated as always
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account