split cue function in Traktor Pro
    Tech Convert

Default split cue function in Traktor Pro

Does Tractor Pro have a split cue function? You know, like the Pioneer mixers have?

I'm considering the VCI 100, NI Audio 4, and Traktor Pro- but I"m still unclear about how the split cue headphone monitoring function works with the above rig. I like to mix in the 'phones; don't like using a booth monitor.

So howz the split cue implementation in Traktor?

the headphone mix amount is right next to your master output volume in the global section. upon installation, the headphone mix is defaulted to somewhere in the 25%-40% range, so you had to have found it at some point or another if you aren't hearing it.

further revelations in the magical basic functions of traktor pro await you in the software manual.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Traktor Pro does not split the cue like Pioneer mixers do, with the master in the left and the cue in the right, or however it is.

You can blend them, but not split them to different phones.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

Thanks DvlsAdvct, that's exactly what I needed to know.

I'll really miss the split cue feature if I use Traktor Pro.

@ ize009 try this(possible hack)....ill try it when i get home.

set ch 1/2 master & ch 3 monitor & ch 4 to booth

This may get the split that you want.

***Edit

Ahh!!! looks like T-Pro doesnt have booth! (can someone confirm this?)

Hmmm....unless you set ch3 to monitor & ch4 to record.

Traktor 3 has it.

Last edited by JesC; 07-06-2009 at 05:23 PM.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Convert

I'm surprised I'm not finding a straightforward way to get a split cue mix in headphones. One side is the cue, the other is the house mix.

I was curious to get this working with Traktor Pro, Audio 4, and a VCI 100 as a MIDI controller.

Currently I use the Xponent/Torq to do this, and it's great. But, I have gear lust and wanted to try out the above Traktor combo rig. But if I can't get a split cue, well, then I can't use it like I want to at the club.

Split cue is such a basic thing, surely there is a way Tractor users make it happen, right?!?

@ ize009, i hear you on having the split function, but I truely believe its something that is not used by the masses, if enough people got the NI site and start asking for this, it would be added as a basic function. Most dj's just blend the cue & master output on there headphones.

Give the work around a try to see if it works. If you really want something like the split function, I know that it can be done, nothing is impossible in the world of digital dj-ing. You just need to put some time into find a solution. Goodluck and Ill see what I can do on my end.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

This has been discussed many MANY times before, and hopefully something will happen in the future.