Ableton 9 Officially announced - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Oh my god, that may be the sexiest thing I have ever seen. It *needs* to be made to work with bitwig.
    The way Bitwig has been in the terms of telling people whats actually fucking going on I dont even think we will see anything from them soon. I mean you would think somebody with such a hype at the start of year would have pushed out something for the public already and not get a casual facebook or twitter update every month...

None the less, I'll definitely be looking at Live 9 now its 64bit

Yup. I'm going to make the jump and buy ableton 9 as well. I wonder what will be cheaper though, buy ableton 8 at 25% off and get a free upgrade to 9. Or just buy 9 alone.....I wish it would show that.

Quote Originally Posted by JDFS View Post
    That's ridiculous, as if no other company but Apple is doing things that are ethical inappropriate...
    You're assuming that Apple is the only company I don't buy from.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by guiltyblade View Post
    Yup. I'm going to make the jump and buy ableton 9 as well. I wonder what will be cheaper though, buy ableton 8 at 25% off and get a free upgrade to 9. Or just buy 9 alone.....I wish it would show that.
    I'm on the same plate as you. I'm sitting here with the cart open about to buy live 8 thinking it will be cheaper.

I am eligible for a student discount though

I have regular Live 8 and it says the upgrade to Studio 9 is 400 and the regular upgrade to 9 is 170. Granted i'll pay it, but $170 is a little steep for what feels like an incremental update to what I already paid for.

if I only had the money right now I would buy it immeadiately. gotta get a summer job

I think i'm gonna stick to 8 as I am just now getting used to it and don't feel like paying an arm and a leg for a few more features. I dunno im stuck at a DAW crossroad
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by guiltyblade View Post
    hopefully someone figures this out save some $$
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    You're assuming that Apple is the only company I don't buy from.
    If you've ever bought any consumer product ever, you are the first world monster hippies sing songs about. I don't know how you're on the internet, virtually every computer on the planet is made with far more ethical impact than anything Apple's involved in, you just hear about Apple in the news a lot.

On topic, that Push thing looks way nicer than anything Live 9 has to offer. Its finally a real controller solution for Live, rather than the piecemeal systems it's been running off.

Push!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast