Ableton 9 Officially announced - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Push > Ohm.

Form factor, velocity sensitivity, LED screen and integration are the key advantages to me here
    Yea but Ohm has better price, its available right now, and has all of these monome and ableton scripts with it... i just dont know what im going to do :/
    Check out my...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/glenboarder99
    http://soundcloud.com/glenboarder99
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Then you are golden....like Ean Golden.

Tech Mentor

I had ohm and sent it back. It just didn't cut it for me. The workflow was inhibiting the overall feel of my creativity. If I was inclined to spend more time with it, maybe it would have worked for me. I just wanted to get on with the music. I'd say try Ohm out first, then decide if it's worth it.

Better price? The RRP of the Push is lower than the actual price of an Ohm RGB.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

not where i am, i can get the ohm for $500 and the push is 500 euro i think. I think i may try the Ohm though, i have some Python programming as well and i could always get better at it. I may one day have both, one for ableton control (push) and ohm for m4l/monome apps/video control. Maybe i wont like the Ohm like Rexx did not... And i just want something nowwwwww... do you think it is really that bad of an idea?
    Last edited by Glen; 10-26-2012 at 10:17 PM.
    Check out my...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/glenboarder99
    http://soundcloud.com/glenboarder99
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Then you are golden....like Ean Golden.

Sounds like pretty good reasoning to me
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Otacon View Post
    I think i'm gonna stick to 8 as I am just now getting used to it and don't feel like paying an arm and a leg for a few more features. I dunno im stuck at a DAW crossroad
    Been on the DAW crossroad for a while. I really like the way Reason works, but I'm not so fond of most of their native instruments & effect-modules. And the Reason 6 'Rack Extensions' are just way overpriced. Kinda liked Ableton, but the sequencer/arrangement view & especially automation just didn't do it for me. Been trying to sit down & produce for a good 2 years now, but there's just not really something that keeps me going for hours without being annoyed by the software.

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    Been on the DAW crossroad for a while. I really like the way Reason works, but I'm not so fond of most of their native instruments & effect-modules. And the Reason 6 'Rack Extensions' are just way overpriced. Kinda liked Ableton, but the sequencer/arrangement view & especially automation just didn't do it for me. Been trying to sit down & produce for a good 2 years now, but there's just not really something that keeps me going for hours without being annoyed by the software.
    Sounds like a hardware man to me

Any idea when ableton 9 comes to live? As I thinking to buy ableton 8 right now.
    Edit. Bought it anyways, it must be a good deal now to get live 8 before 9 comes out as it will cost more.
    On their website is said that it is going to be released onfirst quarter of 2013.
    Last edited by Kazkox; 02-14-2013 at 12:16 AM.
    -Ableton suite- -Traktor- -Kontrol Z1- -Kontrol X1- -Oxygen 49- -BX8- -HD25II- -Buddha-

I'm very interested too. Do you have access to the beta of live 9 right away when you buy 8 now?
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Ok, they're website has a releasedate mentioned: 5th of march!

They 25% off deal is valid untill the 4th of march.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast