Recording Mix through Komplete Audio 6

Default Recording Mix through Komplete Audio 6

I've recently bought a Komplete Audio 6 and initially until I buy more production gear would like to use the device to record mixes from Traktor using an external mixer. Is this possible? If so what cabling and set up is required?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GreenwoodDJ View Post
    I've recently bought a Komplete Audio 6 and initially until I buy more production gear would like to use the device to record mixes from Traktor using an external mixer. Is this possible? If so what cabling and set up is required?

Thanks
    Depends on how many channels you're using.

If it's 2 channels, you should be able to assign the deck outputs in Traktor to the Audio 6 (1&2 3&4)

Deck A output in Traktor to outputs 1 & 2 on the Audio 6
    Deck B output in Traktor to outputs 3 & 4 on the Audio 6

Then connect the outputs from the Audio 6 to the corresponding inputs on your mixer

You'll need to use a 1/4 inch jack to connect to the Audio 6 and RCA to connect to your mixer

This will send the audio to your mixer

Then you need to connect your mixer outputs (Booth or record) to the Audio 6 inputs 3 & 4 which will send all of the output from your mixer, back into Traktor.

Just make sure you've got all of your audio routing set up correctly (output and input) and this should get you there.

Hope this helps.

Tech Wizard

Like thepanache wrote, it depends on how your setup looks like. (internal/external mode, how many channels, ..)

Another possibility instead of using Traktor for recording the input signal would be to use a software/DAW.

Otherwise give us more details about your setup.
    Last edited by solger; 10-25-2012 at 11:33 AM.