4 80.00%
  • M-Audio BX8 D2

1 20.00%
  • Behringer Truth B3031A

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ***please help*** asap

Good Morning from Las Vegas…
    I value all your opinions and would like to know what you think.
    I am in dire need of a set of Monitors. I went to GC and listened to several. Some I liked some I didn’t.
    I know there room was ok not too bad the way it set up. I know it will sound different in my home.
    I like the sound of the M-Audio BX5 D2’s plus they are on sale 199.99 now I originally wanted a set of 8” monitors for better sound and bass handling without a sub.
    I am getting into producing and do everything from R&B, Hip-hop and EDM. I found a Set of BX8 D2’s for not much more and way less than the average price you see around.
    Here is the thing.
    I cant decide between the M-Audio BX8 D2’s also for the same price saw a set of Behringer Truth B3031A I am unable to hear the Truth due to no one having them in my area.
    I have read many things from others saying the BX8’s are so under rated and some saying they crack and fail I hear people saying the Behringer are Repairingers and some say they are great due to the ribbon tweeter as well.
    I know there are many others that can be recommended but so far what I read these two are the best in their class in this price bracket.
    I know many say the KRK yes they sound great but at the same time they polish your music and make it sound better I want something true and I know it can be accomplished without spending 1000’s.
    Any incite and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

M-Audio BX8 D2's Link
    Behringer B3031A Truth's Link

Go have a listen to them and see what sounds the best.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyQuiet View Post
    Go have a listen to them and see what sounds the best.
    That's what he's done man.

I don't have much experience with monitors but all the producers I know use KRKs, or M-Audio BX...

Choose whicherve fits in your price range and that you've actually lsitened to. In your case i guess I would recommend the M-Audios
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by ZooYork View Post
    I want something true and I know it can be accomplished without spending 1000’s.
    Any incite and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

M-Audio BX8 D2's Link
    Behringer B3031A Truth's Link

If you want decent monitors on a budget then get Yahama HS80ms or HS50ms

Or Equator D5s which may be the ultimate budget monitors, though like the hs50 they are 5" so will be a bit lacking without a sub in the low end

http://www.equatoraudio.com/D5_Studi..._Pair_p/d5.htm
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 10-25-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Thanks to all so far. I am leaning towards the M-Audio's but will keep my options open keep seraching before my decision I looked into the HS80MS and read bad things about them being hyped up and not the way the originals were made

Quote Originally Posted by ZooYork View Post
    I looked into the HS80MS and read bad things about them being hyped up and not the way the originals were made

Originals? You mean not being made like NS10s? Yeah I would hope so, NS10s sound like shit and I would never want them as a main pair of monitors or anything that sounds like them as anything except a 2nd or 3rd reference.

HS80ms are some of the best budget monitors you can buy in that price range before spending $1000+ on a pair and certainly are a step above the two you listed.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 10-25-2012 at 03:36 PM.

I thought behringer brought out a new range of monitors after the B3031As, is there a reason you're not considering them? I heard a few reviews saying they were pretty good for the money.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Guru

I have a pair of BX8A's and they are great. The have some very serious low end to them. I will say that if your looking for very "polished" sound you would get from higher end monitors, neither of these will provide that. If you are looking for good sounding, loud, with a strong sounding low end. The M-Audio's are great. They are loud enough I've used them to play social parties before. They are much louder and hit a lot harder than I thought they would.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

From what I saw on there site in that range and model the 3031's are the newer one...

I also went to the same sight I am getting these monitors from and this is what I saw

Behringer 3031A's 499.99 for the set

The M-Audio BX8's 499.99 for the set

I would need stand or desk stand with the pads and the ones I like are 149.99 for the desk stands Totaling 649.98

Then saw this

Yamaha HS80M Powered Studio Monitor - with Stand and Auralex MoPads 699.98
    OR
    Yamaha HS80 Studio Monitor Package with HS10 Subwoofer 1049.97 with no pads and no stands but comes with the sub...

So many options

What I read about the MS80's was in Geer Stutz saying there over rated and not better then the new M-Audio.

Sucks cuz I heard the M-Audio BX5's and loved the sound they didnt have the BX8's they also dont have the Behringer 3031A's and they dont have the Yamaha MS80's so I cant hear either one of them. I called another location and they dont have them. Sucks cuz I figred they would have somthing like that they have the Adams but I am not spending 1000.00 on a single Monitor

TRUTH B1030A and TRUTH B1031A are Behringers newest monitors.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast