Scratching

Thread: Scratching

Tech Convert

Default Scratching

hello guys id like to know where i can find the proper songs to scratch!! help plz...
    thnks!!

do you mean the beats or the sounds/scratches? for the beats just look for instrumentals that you like. for the scratchsounds, take a look at acapella4u.co.uk and search for "battle tools" "scratch tool" or similiar things. For real vinyl, which is always best for scratching, you should look for stone-throw records, or the records from dj crates. but that would take some more research cause it always depends on your taste
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Tech Convert

thnks!

Basically any track with a vocal or minimal instrumental section can be used for scratching, i mean we are only talking about 10-12 seconds worth of track ay
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Default Scratching

Since I don't know exactly what your question is or how much you already know, let's take it from the top.
    In the old days, scratch records were called breaks records or dj tools. They would have instrumentals. They would also have sections of words and sounds samples in the beginning, middle and end (my favs are called Gorilla Breaks, Klepto Breaks, Barmitzvah Breaks). Usually at the end of each side would be a tone; a long drawn out sound. If you are completely new to scratching this is where you should begin. The tone will allow you to practice your fader techniques (more important for today's scratches than ever) without having to worry about hitting the sample just right. As you progress, you will move to shorter and shorter samples.
    I'd like to suggest that you put a piece of tape about 3/4 the way up on your input faders, to shorten their length and help you to do faster techniques first. Put the CF in the middle, put a beat on one deck, and practice "transforms" with a tone on the other deck.
    Muscle conditioning is very important for scratching. (unless you only want to do it in the first five minutes you start playing) Therefore there is no substitute for practice.
    Hope this helps.