VCI-400 Stand Alone Mixer Upgrade/ pfl for headphones
    Tech Convert

Default VCI-400 Stand Alone Mixer Upgrade/ pfl for headphones

Fellow music lovers...

I have followed the instructions for updating the my vci-400 to operate as a standalone mixer but when I plug in my cd player in deck C or D I do not get any sound coming through the master or headphones. I only get sound if I flip the switch on the back of the unit to rout C and D directly to master. I have update the firmware as described using the following file vci400_v20.bin; however, I have also update my windows driver to ver. 1.52.0 and firmware using (vci400_d006.bin). I have tried the stand alone mixer connected and not connected to the computer.

Does it matter what order I update the firmware (i.e. vci400_d006.bin before vci400_v20.bin or vice versa)? I have tried going back and forth between firmware versions but it does not seem to make a difference. I am going to keep messing around with this after work but I think I am missing something.

I have looked through the post and I can't seem to find anyone else who is having the same problem.

I am also having trouble with my headphone using traktor 2.12. Under the output routing options in traktor I only get “Vestax VCI-400 L” and “Vestax VCI-400 R”, which I believe are the master outputs which are working fine. There is no other option for say monitor R and L. I can only get sound out of my headphones if the PFL master is selected. The pfl switch for decks a/b/c/d does not rout the sound to the headphones. I believe the problem is with the output routing setup in traktor but I don’t have the options described on the following thread:

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=48844

I have posted my issue with my head phones in the above thread so if you have a possible solution please post there. I just wanted to mention it here in case the two are related.

Your help is greatly appreciated as I am very frustrated with these two problems.

Hardware: VCI-400 Standard Edition
    Operating System: Window XP sp3

Tech Convert

Got the stand alone mixer working......any thoughts on the headphones?

Tech Convert

Figured it out:

See http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthr...t=48844&page=2 for the solution that worked for me.

Peace

Default vci 400 standalone mixer

Quote Originally Posted by clkwk View Post
    Got the stand alone mixer working......any thoughts on the headphones?
    what exactly are your settings for standalone function, i can't seem to get timecode to read and get sound. when downloading the mappings which boxes you check an uncheck? whats your input output settings?

Default PFL doesn't behave correctly on stand-alone mode

Hi Everybody,

I have a strange issue when using VCI-400 in stand alone mode. The PFL both on decks C & D doesn't behave normally.
    Pressing PFL one time, routes the signal to the headphone output and the LED comes on as it should be; press it again toggles the LED off but there is still audio on the headphones ! One more press and the audio goes off but the LED on. Then you have to press it two more times to toggle the LED off and on and resume audio...
    Very strange, looks like a bug on the firmware.
    Any comments ? Or solutions ?
    Thank you

Default need firmware!

haven't been able to get on to vestax.com...anyone able to mail firmware update for ANY software (traktor, serato)