Traktor F1 and Midi Mode Traktor 2.6 Problem
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor F1 and Midi Mode Traktor 2.6 Problem

Hi,
    I am new to the site/forum and hope someone can help!

I have just upgraded to Traktor 2.6 and all is running well apart from when I exit midi mode on the F1.

When I press shift+browse to exit it takes me to the "browser" screen and not my "extended" screen. I have to press shift+browse six times to return to my extended screen.

Before upgrading I would exit midi mode and go straight back into my extended mode to carry on mixing.

Any thoughts out there?!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Hmmmm, I get that to. It looks like it's cycling through the layouts you have and you just have to get back to the one you're using. For now you could mapp a button to go direct to the selected layout.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Thanks for the speedy reply ; )

I thought about mapping a button to take me back to my extended screen but was hoping for a fix.

Interesting to hear that you are experiencing the same problem. Lets see if any other users are also getting this issue ; )

In midi mode do you use the browse button to change to your browser layout?
    Is it a custom mapping or the default NI one?
    SC | MC

Tech Convert

Thanks for your reply Nicky.

When in Midi mode I am using the mapping that came with Traktor 2.6

I use the "browse" button in midi mode to obviously open the browser to select new tracks. When I want to exit midi mode to go back to using the F1 for sample playback it doesnt go back to my "extended" screen view but goes into "browse" view.

When I am playing live I need it to go back to my "extended" view when exiting midi mode straight away as it did before the upgrade .

Sorry for long post but I'm assuming you don't know mapping:

They have mapped the layout change to shift > browse in midi mode for some weird reason.

If you open your preferences window then click Controller Manager on the left menu.
    Then from the Device dropdown select the F1 mapping: Traktor.Kontrol.F1.User
    Then click the title of the Mapped to column twice.
    This will bring all the items mapped to the browse button to the top of the list, so scroll o the top.

You can see that Only Browser On & Layout Selector are both mapped to the browse button, the browser opens when not presing shift (m1=0) abd the layout changes when you are pressing shift (m1=1)

You need to change the button that changes your layout.
    Put your F1 into midi mode.
    Then click on where it says Layout Selector so it turns yellow.
    Then a bit further down it says Device Mapping - next to that you will see a greyed out button called Learn.
    Click that, then press the new button you want to use to change your layout.

(m1=1) is still set, so you will have to hold shift and the new button to change layout.
    If you want so you don't have to hold shift, just under the Learn button is a Modifier dropdown, change that to nothing (-)

If you never change your layout you can just delete the Layout Selector command, click it so its yellow then click the Delete button underneath the table.

tp2.jpg
    SC | MC

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Are you just using the browse mode when in midi mode or do you use other unctions of the mapping? It looks like if you go into the F1 preferences and switch from user map, which activates the default NHL mapping, to midi mode instead it will stay on the current layout. You will have to map the things you use on the default mapping though.

EDIT: Just tested this with the browse only and browse list commands and it stays on the current layout when I switch out of midi mode.

EDIT EDIT: just saw Nicky's post
    Last edited by photojojo; 10-27-2012 at 11:11 AM.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Thanks for your help guys!

I will try this out later tonight and let you know how I get on.

I know a bit about midi mapping but thanks for your clarity Nicky : )

Much appreciated

Tech Convert

Thanks!!!

Just tried it out and sorted straight away. Great first experience on the forum!!

Right... time to get back into gig mode ; )