vci100 traktor pro-n2's custom mapping v0.1 (loading with jogwheels,no overlay)
    Tech Mentor

Default vci100 traktor pro-n2's custom mapping v0.1 (loading with jogwheels,no overlay)

vci100 traktor pro-n2's custom mapping v0.1 (loading with jogwheels,no overlay)

okay, so I just got my new silver vci-100 in the mail today and I'm very happy with it. I was able to pull off a custom mapping with most of the features I wanted very quickly (less than an hour) and I'm quite happy with that.

Here's what's special:
    no overlay required, some other dude on this forum did a mapping like that and I thought it was cool. Most of the functions work as they're labled, a couple exceptions but they make sense.

USING JOG WHEELS TO SCROLL THROUGH TREE AND LIST! Tbh I'm amazed this feature isn't in the official tsi. To make it work with my mapping, hit the preview button and it switches to jogload mode, use the left jog to scroll through the tree and the right jog to scroll through the list. Use the play button on either deck to load a track into that respective deck (and automatically exit jogload mode). You can hit preview again to close out of jogload mode if you change your mind... currently this only works when vinyl mode is ON. I know, it's a really painfully easy thing to fix but I can't be arsed atm. If you want to do it yourself, when M1=0 everything is normal, and when M1=1 you're in jogload mode.

the filter is in the obvious place, low cuts, eq, trim, etc. blah blah blah

I'm not a big fan of effects - the only time I use them is when dealing with an awkward transition with a big bpm leap. How to set this up was really bothing me, because it kept getting too complicated, so finally I settled on merging fx1 and fx2 together to give me just the tools I need and no frivolous features. So, here's how the fx section is set up - the knobs, from left to right, are:

(gater-always on) (reverb time) (delay time - always on) (fx2 wet/dry)

and the buttons are:
    (sampler - beatmasher2) (reverb toggle) (fx2-s3 on/off - flanger/censor) (nothing, because of the 1.2 bug)

The effect buttons in the middle simultaneously activate fx1 AND fx2.

Here's an illustration for those of you like me... forgive the pitiful windows paint skills...

illustration

There's a lot of unused buttons atm, but whatever. I only have a few functions I still want to implement anyway.

Download link: http://www.jcprojekt.com/hosted/vci1...ogload-0.1.tsi

make sure to rightclick->save as...

annnddd that's about it.
    Last edited by n2hf1st; 07-07-2009 at 03:41 PM.