Loading tracks: From your VCI or mouse?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Loading tracks: From your VCI or mouse?

Hey guys,
    I've noticed that I really never use the VCI-100 dedicated buttons to load tracks into TPro. I just find that the mouse is much faster and easier.
    Anyone else doing this? And if so, has anyone remapped these keys to anything else?
    Thanks!

I uses a bomes script that triggers a repeating timer when im holding down the button - this spams scroll list up or scroll list down. This piece of script was actually written by a forum user called Aanrii who i was working on a section of the VCI-100 mapping for Traktor 3 with a while back

It makes using your VCI-100 to load tracks much nicer.

Tech Mentor

I rather just use my mouse or keyboard to be honest because for the most part I need to search for the track first. It'd be different if I followed playlists for sure.

i got one of the new aluminium macbooks and they've made it so that you can scroll by dragging 2 fingers up and down the touch pad, this is reallly handy. but yeah i never use the VCI for finding songs

only time il use the vci to search for a song is if its all in a playlist in the order im playing them in lol never any other time. Other wise i just do what timinya does
    Gear: Macbook Pro 13" , Traktor Scratch Pro, VCI-100 Arcade, PIONEER HDJ 2000, CDJ 400's, Audio 8, Midifighter

I try to use the controller as much as possible because the load buttons also set the monitor cues up and master select makes it a lot quicker for me anyway.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

yeah i totally don't use it for getting tracks.. sometimes i can make a mistake and load it in the wrong slot ruining my night lol.

it's also fun to setup one of the jogwheels to scroll through the tracklist with a modifier key.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by charo View Post
    it's also fun to setup one of the jogwheels to scroll through the tracklist with a modifier key.
    yeah .. i just added support for that in my tsi as well. anyways i use the keyboard, the mouse and the vci for track loading. whatever i am currently already touching
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    I uses a bomes script that triggers a repeating timer when im holding down the button - this spams scroll list up or scroll list down. This piece of script was actually written by a forum user called Aanrii who i was working on a section of the VCI-100 mapping for Traktor 3 with a while back

It makes using your VCI-100 to load tracks much nicer.
    Can't you just turn on auto repeat under button options instead? Or does the script do other useful things as well?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast