Wich one is better and why?

View Poll Results: Wich one you recommend?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vestax VCI-100

31 93.94%
  • M-Audio Torq Xponent

2 6.06%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wich one is better and why?

im 'bout to buy a

a Vestax VCI - 100 or a M-Audio Torq Xponent?

wich one should i get, wich one you recommend?

Tech Mentor

i haven't tried either sorry.

i would say the majority of people on here would say the VCI. Personally if i had the cash to just splash out i would try the xponent coz i like to be different! :P
    obsidiance » breaks-drum'n'bass-big beats

Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by obsidiance View Post
    i haven't tried either sorry.

i would say the majority of people on here would say the VCI. Personally if i had the cash to just splash out i would try the xponent coz i like to be different! :P

Ean did a great side by side comparison, see if this helps.
    I do not have the Torq, but I do have the VCI and I love it.
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2007/11/2...nt-vs-vci-100/

Have tried a Vestax VCI-100 and fell in love with it.

Somehow I can't bring myself to looking at the Xponent.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

The side by side comparison ean did tells all !

But apart from what Ean has already talked about... what about the fact that there is so much cool friggen crap that people are getting into with their VCI-100's, so it makes it easy to pick up other peoples setups and try them out for yourself. Thats not so say that there is not an Xpononet community, its just that the VCI community seems to be focusing on controllerism which is far more interesting. To top that off the stuff thats being done with this unit at the moment is only scratching the surface of the possibilities, theres no doubt in my mind that its only going to grow further

If you use traktor, I know the xponent does have some troubles. The LEDs don't work and I've read the jog wheels are a little... not to par. Plus I have used torq... and personally I hate it.

But I don't have a VCI soon I can't tell you too much. I only looked into the xponent a while ago because I like m-audio.

Tech Wizard

Never used the xponent but going on looks I wonder if m-audio hires 3 year olds.

However I do like the idea of the built in x-y touchpad.

I actually had and exponent for like a month tried it out and the only thing i can say is its a great controller easy to use with torq they run great together..it has everything already set up for u .... u just plug and play... I like my vci se as well so I mean it all falls on what ur gonna be doing with ur controller..

I might buy and exponent later in the future though till they release the 1.5 update..

both are great controllers the jog wheels feel kinda weird though..on the exponent i think the vci jog wheels are way better..

but u can do 5 cue points on the fly.. << I wish we could drop cues like that on the vci with traktor.... right now I dont think that's possible... and if it is hit me up peeps...about this one.. haha

Quote Originally Posted by SS714SS View Post

but u can do 5 cue points on the fly.. << I wish we could drop cues like that on the vci with traktor.... right now I dont think that's possible... and if it is hit me up peeps...about this one.. haha
    Why can't you? You just gotta create a midi mapping for that process...drop cue, lock cue, etc

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast