Traktor 2.6 Hogging CPU!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor 2.6 Hogging CPU!

Hi All,

I just started 2.6 up for the first time and my load is 20% or so with empty decks and it fluctuates for no reason.

Is this only the first time it starts up? A bug?

OSX 10.7.5

Fores

Tech Guru

Same problem here - I think it might have something to do with not being on mountain lion.

50% CPU utilization without any tracks being played at all - no key lock, nothing. I think NI overlooked testing 2.6 on previous OSX versions.

Tech Wizard

Yes, I am not on mountain lion and not upgrading on this computer.

Worried about my gig on Saturday night!

Tech Guru

Use 2.5 if you have a gig. I went back to 2.5 until I can find a solution to my issue. Its in the "Backup" folder Applications -> Native Instruments -> Traktor -> Backup.

I've started on 2.6 and whenever i load one of the new fx in. It jumps.
    Won't be using 2.6 out for a while! Not until the CPU load chills out a bit.
    I don't want to upgrade to Mountain Lion either, can't be bothered arsing around with the USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 crap again.
    http://soundcloud.com/squirec Mixes mainly containing funky/disco/chicago/swing house. Although, there's always room for a little something different.
    Equipment: 15" Macbook Pro (Mid 2012), Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk2 x 2, Pioneer DJM 700, Sennheiser HD25 Mk2 headphones.

No problems at all. Running Traktor 2.6.0 on a Macbook Air 13" (Late 2011 model). CPU Load for the kernel is at 4.5% and user mode is 7% when doing nothing at all. When playing two decks, running 3 samples in the remix deck and applying effect 1 and 2 the user mode has 14% CPU load.

Haven't got it on my macbook yet but on Windows there's no difference.

Must be a Mountain Lion problem?
    SC | MC

Tech Mentor

i'm on an older mbp running lion, haven't upgraded to mountain. traktor idles around 33% cpu, but i have noticed that simply putting the new macro fx into the fx slots is enough to make the cpu jump into the red.

it doesn't matter if the fx is being used or not, just having it in a slot is enough to get cpu spiking crazy

Tech Guru

I thought it originally was a ML problem but a friend of mine had identical issues and he has ML.

Back to the drawing board on the cause.... I might break down and just reinstall the entire machine to see if it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by GeekGod View Post
    I thought it originally was a ML problem but a friend of mine had identical issues and he has ML.
    wouldn't that mean it IS a ML issue? ¯\(°_o)/¯

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast