DJ with Microsoft Surface
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

if i saw that guy in a club i'd hit him.

Quote Originally Posted by BANGERS View Post
    if i saw that guy in a club i'd hit him.
    +1 !

First Dj Hero, now this... no wonder Digital DJing is at a stage where most people think of it as childsplay.
    Tpro v1.1 - VCM-100 / Novaton Nocturn

Could you imagine even trying to set that up in a club or similar...hahaha. Glad they specify in the title that it's for Novice DJ's. +1 to the beating.

leave it to microsoft to make dj-ing look boring. I laughed when the other guys said that it was on his top ten "apps"...Really?
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I'm kinda hesitant to believe that anyone would even make anything so useless... I guess if they actually applied it to real DJing down the line this would be like their baby step, seeing as it is still in alpha stage.

Listening to those guys BS about it for 5 minutes was fun though. :P

When I first saw this video, I was imagining the party they displayed this at. I could imagine all the surface geeks huddled around that while all the semi-hot girls(if any) were saying to themselves, "Play some damn music already!!"

I've been a firm believer that this concept is going to be the future in DJing.

The club will have the surface installed. You will bring your little drive with bluetooth and set it on top of of the surface and it reads finds all your music. Oh you use ableton? it reads ableton and loads the ableton backend. THEN what kind of controller do you have? the Pioneer SUFDJ-1000? Ok, it reads that and then loads it up.

Now you've got your setup loaded and DJ away! (that surfaceDJ piece looks like a really different concept on cliplaunch in Ableton btw)

Then whenever the next DJ needs to get ready she sets her drive(cellphone perhaps?) on the surface and your setup shrinks and hers appears, she can mix out of you and once you lift your box off the surface your setup disappears and hers goes to fullsize.

I hope we see more applications like this in the future.
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Quote Originally Posted by Monika.mhz View Post
    The club will have the surface installed. You will bring your little drive with bluetooth and set it on top of of the surface and it reads finds all your music. Oh you use ableton? it reads ableton and loads the ableton backend. THEN what kind of controller do you have? the Pioneer SUFDJ-1000? Ok, it reads that and then loads it up.
    Now this would be cool.
    Last edited by .mute; 07-08-2009 at 02:53 PM.

Oh that is fucking USELESS.

"Throw in loops" over a scratch that "anyone can use" and sound like a twat with. Add in laggy controls and a concept that was thrown together in an evening BOOM! you get crappy software.

It's a flash toy that you can use more than one finger to control. Nothing to see here.
    Last edited by Fatlimey; 07-08-2009 at 05:54 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast