2.6 Should I Re-Analyze My Music?
    Tech Wizard

Default 2.6 Should I Re-Analyze My Music?

Hi All,

Now that I've upgraded to 2.6 - should I re-analyze my music?

I've read that there is a new algorithm?

Anything to keep in mind during this process?

Thanks!
    Fores

Tech Guru

Are you finding the beat grids of your current tunes are inaccurate? If not I wouldn't change anyhting.

Tech Guru

2.5 seemed to be spot on for me so I wouldn't if you re-analyzed alot of music after that update. electronic music has been good since traktor one....its hip hop and alternative that absolutely sucked up until 2.5

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I wouldn't do the whole collection at once. If you have some songs that have not been auto gridded properly with previous versions then try it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Yes, some of them. I havent learned how to do it manually yet as a fix...
    Thanks
    Fores

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by foresdj View Post
    Yes, some of them. I havent learned how to do it manually yet as a fix...
    Thanks
    Fores
    It’s really easy check out this video all you have to do is find the downbeat anywhere in the song then set a grid marker. When you have done that go to the beginning of the song set a cue point delete the grid marker and then turn the cue point in to a grid marker, make sure you have quantise on and snap could help too. Sometimes its best to grid the Snare or Clap if you can’t find the downbeat and then go to the beginning and put it on the first beat of the song or phrase.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

No need to waste a cue, just set the grid marker where you would set the cue. If you're auto analyzing make sure you uncheck store beat marker as hot cue to free that #1 cue up in future songs.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

analyzing tracks if they tend to load slow on an upgrade is the strongest reason to take the time, like the waveform loads slow, or traktor is taking the time to do it on every track I load. beat gridding is super easy when you figure it out, you will kick your self once you get it, that you didn't bother to do this before. I've done the bulk of my collection and the stuff I haven't gotten to it is usually so quick that doing it on the fly isn't a problem. I used to say never mind and manually put things together, but I think it is silly to not take them time now.