VCI-100 for Traktor 3 (page swapping master fx)
    Tech Convert

Default VCI-100 for Traktor 3 (page swapping master fx)

So after a while i finally got my tks how i want it...

Stealing the 3 pots from Master Level, Monitor Level, Monitor Select and translated them to controls for midi page swapping. Heres how it works:

To be on page 1, all three of the knobs have to be cranked left all the way.

To access and hold page 2, turn the old Master Level knob to the right. It doesn't have to go all the way to the right, it just needs to be off of the 0 mark enough for it to engage. The Monitor Level and Monitor Select knobs have to remain at 0 - full left - in order for it to work.

You must turn all three of the knobs to full left (re-access page 1) in order to access another page.

To access and hold page 3, turn the old Monitor Level to the right in a similar fashion. Meaning, keep the Master Level knob and Monitor Select knob at 0.

To access and hold page 4, turn the old Monitor Select knob to the right, while keeping the other two full left.

Sounds strange now that I'm typing it, but once you get used to it, the changes arent that weird. I advice that you make a small white mark on each of the knobs since they are small and hard to tell which way they are turned at times.

Anyways, now that you can switch pages... What do they do???

Page 1
    -Everything stays the completely normal VCI Controls.

Page 2
    -FX on jog wheels and volume faders (works amazing with beatmasher). Volume gets transfered to the tempo faders. and tempo gets thrown onto EQ hi (I figure that i wouldnt be using that knob much at all when I was using this page. Plus, the EQ hi has a similar setup to the tempo fader, since it has that middle lock position). All other controls stay stock.

Page 3 -6 cue Points on each deck. Play/pause, Cue/play, cue/pause, set cue, taping the center of the jog wheel, and then spinning the edge of the jog wheel (mainly used as a finally cue point when done beat juggling and want to jump back to a specific part of the song). Since in order for the cues to actually play instead of just switch to that position in the song, the song has to be playing in the first place. So just incase I load the track while in Page 3, I set the Sync button on each deck to Play/Pause.

Page 4 - All controls the same except set up for Decks C and D.

I havent gotten to use this final set up too much, so I'll probably still be making some minor tweaks, but I'm pretty happy with it so far. One thing that sucks is that I cant figure out how to allow all the Page 2 and 3 settings for decks C and D... I probably need to learn how to use midipipe or something, but meh.

I'm just starting out, so comments anyone?

Here goes nothing...

http://www.mediafire.com/?v7ynz1n2zdd
    VCI-100
    Stanton T.90
    Behringer Eurorack UB1202
    Black MacBook with OSx 10.5.2

i dont see a file to get

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyg View Post
    i dont see a file to get
    click the mediafire link
    VCI-100
    Stanton T.90

is the tks only for mac or windows as well???

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by SS714SS View Post
    is the tks only for mac or windows as well???
    I honestly have no clue, I use mac, and i just hosted my tks file on mediafire. I dont know if they are mac/pc specific. But I think they work for both.
    VCI-100
    Stanton T.90

Quote Originally Posted by peterodactyl View Post
    So after a while i finally got my tks how i want it...

Stealing the 3 pots from Master Level, Monitor Level, Monitor Select and translated them to controls for midi page swapping. Heres how it works:

To be on page 1, all three of the knobs have to be cranked left all the way.

To access and hold page 2, turn the old Master Level knob to the right. It doesn't have to go all the way to the right, it just needs to be off of the 0 mark enough for it to engage. The Monitor Level and Monitor Select knobs have to remain at 0 - full left - in order for it to work.

You must turn all three of the knobs to full left (re-access page 1) in order to access another page.

To access and hold page 3, turn the old Monitor Level to the right in a similar fashion. Meaning, keep the Master Level knob and Monitor Select knob at 0.

To access and hold page 4, turn the old Monitor Select knob to the right, while keeping the other two full left.

Sounds strange now that I'm typing it, but once you get used to it, the changes arent that weird. I advice that you make a small white mark on each of the knobs since they are small and hard to tell which way they are turned at times.

Anyways, now that you can switch pages... What do they do???

Page 1
    -Everything stays the completely normal VCI Controls.

Page 2
    -FX on jog wheels and volume faders (works amazing with beatmasher). Volume gets transfered to the tempo faders. and tempo gets thrown onto EQ hi (I figure that i wouldnt be using that knob much at all when I was using this page. Plus, the EQ hi has a similar setup to the tempo fader, since it has that middle lock position). All other controls stay stock.

Page 3 -6 cue Points on each deck. Play/pause, Cue/play, cue/pause, set cue, taping the center of the jog wheel, and then spinning the edge of the jog wheel (mainly used as a finally cue point when done beat juggling and want to jump back to a specific part of the song). Since in order for the cues to actually play instead of just switch to that position in the song, the song has to be playing in the first place. So just incase I load the track while in Page 3, I set the Sync button on each deck to Play/Pause.

Page 4 - All controls the same except set up for Decks C and D.

I havent gotten to use this final set up too much, so I'll probably still be making some minor tweaks, but I'm pretty happy with it so far. One thing that sucks is that I cant figure out how to allow all the Page 2 and 3 settings for decks C and D... I probably need to learn how to use midipipe or something, but meh.

I'm just starting out, so comments anyone?

Here goes nothing...

http://www.mediafire.com/?v7ynz1n2zdd

I've gotten a chance to load up your .tks and play around with it (suggested in a post here: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=661) It does what you says it does. Really cool setup. I did notice one thing tho, when in NORMAL mode (all dials turned to the left) that the 'pitch bend'? the glass part you spin for the track to keep up with your other track, doesnt work to well.

I wanted to fix this myself in the midi learn, but wasnt sure what the action or the operation to assign to one another was.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky_Laws View Post
    I've gotten a chance to load up your .tks and play around with it (suggested in a post here: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=661) It does what you says it does. Really cool setup. I did notice one thing tho, when in NORMAL mode (all dials turned to the left) that the 'pitch bend'? the glass part you spin for the track to keep up with your other track, doesnt work to well.

I wanted to fix this myself in the midi learn, but wasnt sure what the action or the operation to assign to one another was.
    I noticed that too. The sensitivity is very low and it takes some serious spinning of that glass part for something to really happen.. but I never changed the control away from what it was sent me as, so I am not sure what to switch it to in order to fix this.
    VCI-100
    Stanton T.90

@tero

can you link your tks again? i missed it