Issues with Ableton reading BPM's correctly
    Banned

Default Issues with Ableton reading BPM's correctly

I have some bassline and other various loops in Ableton, and they are at 70 BPMs, but Ableton keeps reading them at 140 BPMs. Is there something I'm missing here, like in Traktor where you can set the BPM range?

Any help and advice is appreciated

You can hit the /2 button to half their tempo, but its easier if you put your master tempo down to 70 (its probably sitting on 130). Ableton will choose the closest tempo to the master tempo that fits the audio material.

So say if i import a dnb track and my master tempo is 80 it will import the track at somewhere 87 instead of 174 which is the actual tempo of the track. But if i have the master tempo around 180 it will import it at the proper 174.

Banned

So it's the master tempo that's messing it up? Seems kind of odd but I'll try it out

Tech Mentor

+1 on Bento solution

another method

Import Track and deselect Warp, let play at normal tempo. Use the tap tempo button to determine the actual tempo of the track This will set the Ableton master clock to the tapped tempo. now turn on the warp and use the Warp From Here (Start At ...) command to tell Auto-Warp to use your tapped tempo as a reference

This will help with warping and may help with BPM issue

Banned

Well I know for a fact that the loops are at 70 BPMs, so I should be able to set the master clock at 70 BPMs and have it auto warp off of that based on what you're saying, no?

Tech Mentor

yes, for the most part that should give you warp markers based on the master tempo. This still may not be perfect. Zoom in on the first beat and line the maker to that beat. move to bar 8 line that marker up. repeat every 8 bars.

Banned

The loops are only two bars long

= p

Tech Mentor

gotcha. you should have real tight warps then.