Getting Ablelton Live
    Tech Convert

Default Getting Ablelton Live

I am DJ and want to get into Ableton to hopefully do some mashups and remixes. I am new to DAW but a long time DJ. Eventually i would like to do more advance production.

If i get the Suite is that overkill for me since i will be a newbie? (I am fast learner) Also is it worth the extra money to get the box version with printed manual and extra sound?

I am debating between Live 8 & Suite 8 as well the the box version.

https://www.ableton.com/en/shop/?gcl...FQ6CQgodlk4AZw

Thanks in advance.

-TM

We live in interesting times. Ableton Live 9 is announced and the upgrade pricing is IMHO a big mess just now. As for suite, the only good thing I think is MaxForLive that is now part of the Suite 9 offering when it's out. Means it's a dead end if you purchase it separately for Live 8. Get Live 8 standard and I think you get Live 9 for free when it's out. No need to pay extra for the suite. The box has just more sample content that is not that interesting.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

It's a great deal to get Suite today, 25% off, with the free upgrade to 9.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by TroyMichael View Post
    I am DJ and want to get into Ableton to hopefully do some mashups and remixes. I am new to DAW but a long time DJ. Eventually i would like to do more advance production.

If i get the Suite is that overkill for me since i will be a newbie? (I am fast learner) Also is it worth the extra money to get the box version with printed manual and extra sound?

I am debating between Live 8 & Suite 8 as well the the box version.

https://www.ableton.com/en/shop/?gcl...FQ6CQgodlk4AZw

Thanks in advance.

-TM

If you're main objective is doing mashups and remixes and thus you probably will mostly be working with audio you don't neccessarily need the Suite. Live 8 plus maybe some free vsts should be good for you.

I personally bought the box version of live, mainly for the printed manual. I just hate pdf manuals, and it's so much more convenient to browse through the manual on your desk while having live open instead of always switching between the two on you monitor or splitting your screen....

But that's just my personal preference.