Traktor EQ/Filter Settings
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor EQ/Filter Settings

Just curious as to what EQ and filter settings everyone uses in Traktor and why.

I have just been using the default that is set when its installed. I see all the options that are there but I do not know the pro's and con's into which one to use.

external now ... but i used the pioneer eq when i was doing internal mode ... just try them all and see which one sounds the best to you they all cut out differently

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Tech Mentor

I like the cut on the new Z ISO eq, but I'm sticking with the xone filter. The ladder filter adds too much color, and the z filter just feels too finicky.
    VCI-100se1.3 & Kontrol F1 & Midi Fighter Classic & Traktor Audio 2 & Pioneer HDJ-1000 & Compaq Presario CQ62
    http://www.facebook.com/DjFrostGiant
    http://www.mixcloud.com/FrostGiant/

Tech Guru

Havent mixed internally for awhile but I always liked the Xone. The filters were never really that great, I always hated the added volume when turnin it clockwise/low cut

Tech Mentor

P-800 ( Pioneer DJM 800 Emulated) and Ladder Filter. Still want to see a closer emulated Pioneer filter than the ladder style. I know you can select on in the FX section but just increasing the resonance isnt enough. The low pass filter on the DJM 800 not only increases in resonances but boosts and sweeps a little prior to filtering frequencies as you rotate the knob counterclockwise from the 12 o'clock position.
    Traktor SP2 | Audio 10 DJ | DJM 800 Rotary | 1200 M3D's | Shure M44G's | NI Kontrol X1 | KRK RP8's | Ableton Live 8 | M-Audio FW 410 | Akai MPK 61 | NI Kontrol S4|

MY MIXES: Mixcloud TWITTER: DjScottMichael

Tech Mentor

P800 and ladder. Seems fatter and the filter is less harsh.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michael View Post
    P-800 ( Pioneer DJM 800 Emulated) and Ladder Filter. Still want to see a closer emulated Pioneer filter than the ladder style. I know you can select on in the FX section but just increasing the resonance isnt enough. The low pass filter on the DJM 800 not only increases in resonances but boosts and sweeps a little prior to filtering frequencies as you rotate the knob counterclockwise from the 12 o'clock position.
    erghhh. Can't stand the traktor pio emulator or the DJM800 filter, waaaaay too short knob movement for the LPF/HPF range . All about the Xone IMO, be it real or emulated.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I was using Nuo most recently, but switch to the new Z filter to see what it's like. For a while I was using the xone eq with the two mids mapped to the singe knob. I liked it as well.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Like photojojo, i used to use the xone eq, but mapped bass and mid lo to the same knob, with mid lo reaching only 9 o'clock. That and the xone filter.

Now i'm using the z2 eq, and xone filter.
    macbook pro, technics trntbl, numark pro sm-1, vestax pmc 08 pro, traktor scratch pro 2, akai mpd 24, novation nocturn, vci-100 fw1.4, krk rp5g2 and FBV express mk2

Before 2.6 I was using Nuo EQs and Xone filter, but after fiddling around today I've gone with the P800 eq and Z filter.
    Dell Studio XPS 1645 | TSP 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Audio 6 | HDJ-1000 | Alto PAM5A

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast