So who ordered a Z2? - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Lucky rascals. My estimated ship date is by the end of the day on Thursday... This is going to be a long weekend and next week.

Tech Mentor

Wednesday for me in Chicago - I am like an old kid waiting for Christmas!!!

All you who pre-ordered are lucky. I have two stanton str8-150's and a f1 sitting mixer-less and lonely. I'll be ordering a z2 by the end of the month though . Looking forward to hearing everyone's opinion of it when they get them.
    Samsung Ativ Book 8 15.6” i7-3635QM | Z2 | F1 | X1 | A6 | 2 x Str8-150 | TMA-1 | TSP
    KRK Rockit Gen 2 6 | Focusrite Saffire 6 | Ableton Push | Alesis V49 | TMA-1 Studio | Ableton Live 9
    http://www.soundcloud.com/kid-quest

Tech Guru

I tihnk the people geting Z2 might be interested in this

The guy I mentioned on page 1 of this thread received his Z2 yesterday and first impressions are good: -

Very happy indeed so far. Makes Traktor a much friendlier place - I'm definitely more of a hardware kind of person, without any mapping skills, so it's approach suits me. Not an all out battle mixer - the crossfader is surprisingly good, but the ups are set way too stiff. One day mine will have a full inno in the cross fader and the free moving variant of the mini-innos in the ups, but for now it's fine. It's not every answer to every problem, like a 62, but for the money it does a lot and does it well. I'd speculate that some of it's shortcomings will be improved upon with future software updates (I bought maschine when it came out with a few flaws that were all fixed with subsequent free updates). As predicted you can't use it's FX when in real vinyl mode (yet)... but when scratching with DVS, I think it's the tightest and most like using real vinyl I've ever experienced. If you did buy one now and found that you couldn't stand it, you'd probably be able to sell it on with minimal loss. Let me know any specific things you want to know and I'll do my best to help.
    And: -

For me, it's made some of traktor's abilities so much more accessible - I've used more of what traktor can do in the last few hours than I've done with the software in the previous two years. Software with dedicated hardware is definitely my preferred working method for both DJing and production though... and so far, I've found the Z2 more reliable than midi mappings with other controllers. Early days, but so far, so good.
    He's actually going to a scratch event tomorrow with that mixer, so a bunch of DJs I know will get to try it. As long as they say it's good, I'm gonna order one on Monday.

And Craze's video has dropped!

Dell Studio XPS 1645 | TSP 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Audio 6 | HDJ-1000 | Alto PAM5A

Tech Wizard

photo-3.jpg

got mine this afternoon. its freakin awesome haha i wish i had turntables so i could use the vinyl... well christmas is coming

Tech Guru

Ahhh damn those chroma caps look good. Are all the chroma caps UV reactive?

Quote Originally Posted by rukkus View Post
    photo-3.jpg

got mine this afternoon. its freakin awesome haha i wish i had turntables so i could use the vinyl... well christmas is coming
    Your picture convinced me to get the blue chroma caps when I order my z2. I was going to get black but the blue would go perfect with my blue Stanton tables. I'll probably get some combination of black and blue for my f1 too.
    Samsung Ativ Book 8 15.6” i7-3635QM | Z2 | F1 | X1 | A6 | 2 x Str8-150 | TMA-1 | TSP
    KRK Rockit Gen 2 6 | Focusrite Saffire 6 | Ableton Push | Alesis V49 | TMA-1 Studio | Ableton Live 9
    http://www.soundcloud.com/kid-quest

Tech Wizard

Ordered mine from zzounds.com, still listed as backordered but they said they expect shipments in today or tomorrow. Going to be pairing it with the Denon's 3900s and and F1. Should be a nice setup
    Traktor Z2, Denon SC3900(2), Kontrol F1, MidiFighter3D, HDJ-2000, Mixed in Key, Platinum Notes, Jack and Coke. (Previously- Rane 68, Traktor DJM-t1, Pioneer DJM-800, CDJ-2000s (2), Traktor S4, Stanton 150s)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast