So who ordered a Z2? - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Nice pairing with the 3900's. I love mine!

In z2 news - On FedEx vehicle for delivery.. Gonna be a long day!

I bit the bullet and ordered one. It arrives tomorrow, along with an Innofader Pro.

Anyone going to be taking it to clubs to use?
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Looks like I'm ordering me a new Z2 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post
    Anyone going to be taking it to clubs to use?
    If I know there will be enough space in the booth I will.

It'll be so much simpler to just hook the turntables or CDJs into my mixer and plug the USB into my laptop. Gives me the ability to use the timecode (which I love using, way better feel and control IMO) without the crazy wire spaghetti, It's also a nice fit between a pair of TTs or CDJs, unlike most midi controllers....ahem* S4/S2. It's so annoying when I'm spinning at a club and like the opening DJ and myself are using timecode, and then the last guy is using a kontrol S4, so I have to do this whole juggling routine with taking one TT out on the fly unplugging it and making room for the massively wide S4 or S2. Note, this also pertains to all the Pioneer DDJ users as well. I don't have anything against controler users (I used to use a controler for my gigs) but the reality is that there simply isn't much space in the booth.
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

Soooooooooo tempted but it comes down to what others have mentioned - taking a full mixer to a club and setting it up...it's a massive ballache for alot of engineers to set up a new mixer for one set, this is my concern. At least with my S4 it's roll in....plug into a channel on the existing mixer...and away we go.
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    Soooooooooo tempted but it comes down to what others have mentioned - taking a full mixer to a club and setting it up...it's a massive ballache for alot of engineers to set up a new mixer for one set, this is my concern. At least with my S4 it's roll in....plug into a channel on the existing mixer...and away we go.
    you can still do the same thing with this mixer on the RCA out... its the same concept, only reason you would have to remove another mixer is if you use the XLR.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayJade View Post
    you can still do the same thing with this mixer on the RCA out... its the same concept, only reason you would have to remove another mixer is if you use the XLR.
    So you can run this mixer through a channel on the Pioneer/A&H already in the club?

If the answer to this is yes then now I'm concerned for my Visa card hahaha
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    So you can run this mixer through a channel on the Pioneer/A&H already in the club?

If the answer to this is yes then now I'm concerned for my Visa card hahaha
    yes sir you can

It has a RCA out also a XLR out.

Dammit janet...now I have to look into this more, life was so much more simple until 2 minutes ago haha

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast