So who ordered a Z2? - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    Dammit janet...now I have to look into this more, life was so much more simple until 2 minutes ago haha
    haha just do it!!

I just got mine in last night, I love it best thing since cooked food!!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Hooked up the Z2 and got serious fluctuations in the load meter with pops and crackles while playing a song. Tried to go back to using the A10, which worked just fine yesterday and got the same load on the load meter. Might have a Z2 for sale here pretty soon.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Hooked up the Z2 and got serious fluctuations in the load meter with pops and crackles while playing a song. Tried to go back to using the A10, which worked just fine yesterday and got the same load on the load meter. Might have a Z2 for sale here pretty soon.

Maybe your latency settings got reset? I had a similar issue with an A6 the other week.

Quote Originally Posted by 0.0 View Post
    Maybe your latency settings got reset? I had a similar issue with an A6 the other week.
    Nope, first thing I checked.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Wait, so the A10 still works fine right? It's just the Z2 that isn't working properly? And are you sure you didn't get a defective unit? Maybe try taking it down to a GC or some other store (idk what you crazy Texans have down there) that has a Z2 unit out and try connecting it to that and see what happens?

Tech Guru

THe guy at digital dj tips had problem with his Z2 too, something about the driver

There is no driver for a Mac that I'm aware of, in fact it says that in the manual. My RAM light is flashing and I've never really bothered upgrading from the 4 gig it came with so I just ordered 8 gigs from OWC that will be here tomorrow. That's really something I should have done a long time ago anyway. When using the Z2 it does default to 48000, and I've always ran at 44100 so that may be what's pushing it over the edge.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Guru

http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2012/11...trol-z2-mixer/

the section under setting up talks about the trouble he had setting up Z2.

And yes 4 gb is gonna do that. When I bought mine and using it with traktor 2.5, my CPU would go crazy, luckily i found 8 gb for cheap so I totally upgraded.

Tech Wizard

i only have 4 gigs and have none of the issues described with high CPU usage in 2.6 or any of the cracks/pops using the Z2, even with flux mode, key lock and macro effects running. I would assume your unit is defective or there is something else holding you up that you have not explored yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rukkus View Post
    i only have 4 gigs and have none of the issues described with high CPU usage in 2.6 or any of the cracks/pops using the Z2, even with flux mode, key lock and macro effects running. I would assume your unit is defective or there is something else holding you up that you have not explored yet.
    How old is your laptop? Mines a mid 09 MBP. What's your latency set at? I've got mine at 12.7 i think, but I've tried raising it to 15 and it didn't seem to have any effect. I deleted a bunch of old mappings that weren't being used and streamlined some preferences that I thought might be causing the computer to think harder than normal and that's made it where I can play two decks with some mild FX usage.

I can watch my memory slowly go down in activity monitor so I may have something else going on like you said. I've never reinstalled the OS in the three years I've had this laptop so that's something I might do and chalk it up to over due maintenance.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast