What to do with frequently tempo changing tracks?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default What to do with frequently tempo changing tracks?

Hi,

I have a quite odd problem. Some tracks i have change their tempo frequently. And i don't have a clue how to grid them properly.

How do you handle those tracks? Create a Grid Marker every 8 bars or what?

In Ableton it's not a problem. I create a Warp Marker every once in a while and the Beats between two Markers get automatically adjusted.

Thanks,
    Zettt

If you can isolate the parts of the track that change tempo, a few well placed grids should do the trick. It is a pain in the ass end to work out but worth it .
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Once you have warped them in Ableton, export it as a wav and then they should be ready to play in Traktor.

Quote Originally Posted by pepehouse View Post
    Once you have warped them in Ableton, export it as a wav and then they should be ready to play in Traktor.
    .... but beware with this if you start with an mp3 you will be rencoding an mp3 so will lose quality when you then convert that wav back to mp3.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    If you can isolate the parts of the track that change tempo, a few well placed grids should do the trick. It is a pain in the ass end to work out but worth it .
    The problem is that that specific seems tracks constantly increases in tempo.
    Straight gridding doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by pepehouse View Post
    That's a pretty cool idea! The quality loss is not that important. Will play those songs only over club PA...
    Last edited by Zettt; 07-09-2009 at 11:27 AM.

yeah if it constantly changes warping them in ableton is probably the only solution unless you try and mix it by ear.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

Thanks a bunch guys! You're really great.

Tech Mentor

depends on the track. if the tempo changes are important (such as the breakdown slowing down) you cant just warp and go. best bet is to grid the intro and outro for a specific length, say 4 bars, and then save a loop for mixing.

i dont think you can do this as you can set as many beatgrids as you want cant you but all the grids are still the same tempo ... if this isnt true could someone tell me how to make grids with diff tempos as i've been trying tonight and if i change the tempo of one grid it changes the rest of the track. The only thing i seem to be able to do is change the offset of teh grid or position , whatever you want to call it.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

What he means is for example, if the track has a steady tempo at the start and at the end, but speeds up or slows down later in the track, placing grids at the start and end will work for you. You cant change the tempo for individual grids unfortunately.
    Heres the track:... steady tempo of 128 BPM for say 64 bars tight. So smack a grid on those 64 bars. Next the track slows down then speed up for 32 bars, so skip past that part till you get to the last 64 bars which is again a steady 128 BPM. Put the second gridmarkers at the start and near the end of this section, so you can use loops or whatever in your mixin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast