vci-100se + firebox or Korg Zero 4 + oxygen 8?
    Tech Convert

Default vci-100se + firebox or Korg Zero 4 + oxygen 8?

Hey fellas, first off this is my first post after discovering djtt a couple months ago. Seems like a great community and Ean's tutorials are fantastic. I've got pretty sharp with Traktor pro over the past year playing at college parties and its about that time to expand my digital dj career and hopefully get some gigs. But first I need some gear recommendations. Obviously this site is obsessed with the vci but i'm also looking into another option, the Korg zero 4 for mixing/effects control and the oxygen 8 for more advanced effects and cue point control. Obviously being a broke college student money is a factor. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance.

.. Any other DJs in the philadelphia or pittsburgh area?

If you think you are going to want to use a time coded traktor skratch pro system get the zero 4. Since you are a broke college kid pick up a used vci-100 on the forums and go to town, then find a deal on a sound card and you will like be rocking the parties.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

If you want the Zero4 (there are reviews and discussions on the forums) and the Oxygen8 that should work just fine. You won't need to buy a soundcard, cause you'll have the Zero4. Your main concern will be setting up around other people, if that is a concern to you at all.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

Why would it be a concern setting up around other people?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

If you go to another club to spin and bring your Zero4, you will have to set it up either on top of the club mixer or in the extra space provided. There isn't always a lot of extra space provided.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall