ableton to logic

Default ableton to logic

hi, ive just got made the move over to mac and am considering moving from ableton to logic, i know my way around ableton fairly well and will be keeping it installed... my main reason for the switch is a few people that i collaborate with use logic, and it would just be better if we are all on the same platform.
    I'm aware that if i use google i will find thousands of links and tutorials, but i want to know if there are any that you guys have used that you found particularly helpful... help me skip out all the crap out there...

anyway... fire some links at me if you have them... id really appreciate it.

thanks
    brian.
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

I made the switch but still use Ableton for other things it excels at. The best thing with Logic were all the instruments you get with it right out of the box.
    A&H Xone DB4 l (2) Traktor Kontrol X1 MK2 l Maschine MK2 l Traktor Scratch Pro l Ableton
    Avalon (Hollywood) l Exchange LA (Los Angeles) l DS#ARP LA (Los Angeles) l Undercurrent (San Diego) l Frenzy Afterhours (Los Angeles) l AL Party (Los Angeles) l Spin (San Diego) l Sutra (Orange County) l Monarch (San Francisco)

There are some really good tutorials on Youtube by a dude who goes by SF Logic Ninja (real name is David Earl, he doesn't care which one you call him). Also, the Logic forum (www.logicprohelp.com/) has been helpful for me in the past, but I haven't checked in there lately (I haven't had much time to work on music lately).

thanks gents.. @epikeddie thats what im planning on doing, i love ableton and have used it since i started production, but as i'm the only one that uses ableton and everyone else i collaborate with uses logic, it makes sense for me to be the one to switch.
    @ObviousAlias... thanks for the links, i'll check them out tonight when i get home from work.

Tech Wizard

it's gonna seem kinda crowded and hard to get used to the key commands but it's pretty slick overall. I'm glad it's only $200 in the app store - no brainer if you're on mac.
    Twitter
    Soundcloud
    Beatport Tunes
    EOB | In Da Jungle Rec. | IQ Ent. | Plush Rec. | Point 9 Audio | Rotation Deep | Section 8 | SubDepth | UnitOvOne

I'm actually going through the opposite. I've been using Logic for years. It's certianly got a lot to like You can go really deep into some of the more advanced instruments like Ultrabeat and Sculpture but their interfaces are pretty fiddly and not very intuitive. I've used Ultrabeat on countless tracks and still find little things that I didn't know you could do. The space and delay designers are fantastic. Audio editing is also top notch but I'm not in love with the arrage window - especially for midi. Among other things the smart snap feature is not very smart. I've also had some crashing when using 3rd party plug-ins although that could easily be the plug-in's fault.

I've used Live a little and they essentially do the same thing. The main reason I'm thinking of moving to Live is Push. After introducing maschine into my set up I really started enjoying spending less time in front of the mouse/kb. I like that you can run maschine as a plug-in but at that point I'm having to do a lot more mousing and it would be great to not have to switch between the two interfaces. Push looks like a real controller for a real DAW which maschine really isn't. I'm worried that I'll miss the Logic plugs in Live and I don't think you can really use them outside of Logic.

ok so i took the plunge and bought it after watching a LOT of tutorials today.. ive started off just trying to recreate a project ive been working on in ableton, i have to say that i agree it seems very fiddly and the workflow in ableton seems to suit me better, i think eventually ill get to grips with it but i'll still use ableton as my main daw.. but only time will tell... thanks for the input peeps.. appreciated as ever.

The Logic tools, especially for editing audio and midi, are superior compared with Live (which is really a performance tool that tries to catch up as a DAW.) There are plenty of YouTube videos showing how to use Logic.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik